Dr. Jennifer Butts is a speech language pathologist practicing in BIRMINGHAM, AL. Dr. Butts specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Butts evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Butts helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Jennifer Butts SPEECH THERAPIST's Practice location
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35205Get Direction
Jennifer Butts SPEECH THERAPIST's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Mrs. Amy Wortham Moore M.ED., CCC-SLP532 WHITE STONE WAY HOOVER AL 35226
- Mrs. Jennifer Leigh Baird M.S.2016 REGENT PARK LN BIRMINGHAM AL 35242
- Jolie Mckenzie245 CAHABA VALLEY PKWY PELHAM AL 35124
- Mrs. Patricia K. Ponseti M.C.D./CCC SLP924 IRVING RD HOMEWOOD AL 35209
- Dr. Daniel Phillips EDD,CCC-SLPTHE KIRKLIN CLINIC ENT OTOLARYNGOLOGY CLINIC BIRMINGHAM AL 35294
- Mrs. Jennifer Landrith Jobin M.S., CCC-SLP245 CAHABA VALLEY PWKY PELHAM AL 35124