Dr. Megan Schottman is a speech language pathologist practicing in BRANDON, FL. Dr. Schottman specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Schottman evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Schottman helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Megan Schottman's Practice location
BRANDON, FL 33511Get Direction
Megan Schottman's reviewsWrite Review
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Mrs. Janet James M.S., C.C.C.602 VONDERBURG DR BRANDON FL 33511
- Emily Sue Wodusky M.S. CCC-SLP6508 GUNN HWY TAMPA FL 33625
- Mrs. Elizabeth H Tomer M.S.602 VONDERBURG DR STE 201 BRANDON FL 33511
- Tracy A Coyle MA, CCC-SLP4223 W SAN LUIS ST TAMPA FL 33629
- Miss Alexa Megan Schuster M.S., CCC-SLP15028 LAKE EMERALD BLVD TAMPA FL 33618
- Ms. Susan Lea Donald NS CCC SLP6508 GUNN HIGHWAY TAMPA FL 33625