Dr. Shelly Rutledge is a speech language pathologist practicing in SAINT LOUIS, MO. Dr. Rutledge specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Rutledge evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Rutledge helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Shelly Rutledge's Practice location
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63131Get Direction
Shelly Rutledge's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Abigail A Carlisle12110 CLAYTON RD SAINT LOUIS MO 63131
- Beth Lynn Elmore M.S., CCC/SLP3488 JEFFCO BLVD ARNOLD MO 63010
- Regina Winkler MA,CCC-SLP150 LONG RD CHESTERFIELD MO 63005
- Danielle Janowski M.A., CCC-SLP/L2670 ZUMBEHL RD SAINT CHARLES MO 63301
- Mrs. Rachel Jean Laramie M.S., CCC-SLP6420 CLAYTON RD SAINT LOUIS MO 63117
- Mrs. Kelly Lynn Wittenauer M.S. SLP17770 MUELLER RD. WILDWOOD MO 63038