Dr. Irvin Smith is an anesthesiologist practicing in Paducah, KY. Dr. Smith ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Smith also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Louisville Sch of Med, Louisville Ky 1978
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Clarian Indiana Univ Hosp, Anesthesiology; Clarian Indiana Univ Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Clarian Indiana University Hospital
Dr. Irvin E Smith MD's Practice location
Paducah, KY 42003Get Direction
Paducah, KY 42003Get Direction
Dr. Irvin E Smith MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Vitiligo?
Vitiligo is a long-term skin condition in which depigmentation results in white patches on different parts of the body. Some people may have white patches in many areas at the same time. Hair grown on the affected areas may also be decolorized. This skin condition is more common in people with dark...
- Polydipsia: What Causes Excessive Thirst?
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is a medical term given for extreme thirstiness. It is said to be one of the initial symptoms of diabetes. Polydipsia is also accompanied by either temporary or constant dryness in the mouth. It is very important to consume adequate amounts of water in a day, so that...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. James Butler Brien M.D.225 Medical Center Dr Paducah KY 42003
- Dr. Riley D Love MD1532 Lone Oak Rd Paducah KY 42003
- Dr. Vratislav V Kejzlar MD2501 Kentucky Avenue Paducah KY 42003
- Dr. Henry Daniel Babenco M.D.225 Medical Center Dr Paducah KY 42003
- Dr. Joel O Lillevig MD2501 Kentucky Ave Paducah KY 42003
- Mr. Francis Dillard CRNA2501 Kentucky Avenue Paducah KY 42003