Dr. Stanley Alfred practices Dermatopathology in Santa Monica, CA. Dermatopathology is a medical specialty that focuses on dermatology and pathology, and involves the diagnosis of various diseases of the skin, hair, and nails by looking at cutaneous diseases at a microscopic and molecular level. By revealing the histology of diseases and results from a specific diagnostic interpretation, Dr. Alfred is able to analyze the potential causes of skin diseases at a basic level.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1967
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Dermatology; Detroit Rec Hsp-U Hlth C, Dermatology; Harper Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Stanley Alfred MD's Practice location
Santa Monica, CA 90404Get Direction
Dr. Stanley Alfred MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Benefits of a Facial Serum?
We have heard of adding facial serum to our daily routine to make skin glowing and to keep aging at bay.What are face serums and what are their benefits? Facial serums are fast-absorbing liquids meant to provide nutrients deeper into the skin than normal creams and lotions. It is used either in...
- Is Skin Cancer Fatal?
Unlike what most people think, skin cancer, like most other cancers, is fatal. Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in many countries, including the United States. More than 5 million skin cancer cases come up each year. Over 3 million of these cases are found in the United States. In fact,...
- Don't Be a Flake: Tips for Dry Skin
What is dry skin?Dry skin is one of the most common skin problems, and can cause discomfort and embarrassment. Dry skin may look red and flaky and feel tight or painful. It can also cause intense itching, which can disrupt sleep. Often, dry skin is a symptom of some underlying medical issue that...
- The Use of Sunscreen Does not Guarentee Full Protection
According to a new study, people who apply sunscreen regularly and vigilantly may have more painful and damaging sunburns. In this study, the researchers collected data regarding the different methods of shielding the sun, and the effectiveness of each of these methods. Data was collected from more...
- A New Treatment for Dandruff
Getting to the root of dandruffComplete treatment of dandruff has been an elusive dream for many people. Over-the-counter shampoos and scalp treatments are the most common approach for controlling dandruff. “But these methods are beneficial for those who have mild forms of dandruff and not severe...
PurpuraPurpura refers to purple-colored spots that are usually seen on the skin, including mucous membranes and other organs. It is also called skin hemorrhages or blood spots.Purpura is usually recognized when there is pooling of blood under the skin due to ruptured small blood vessels. The size of...
- Dr. Emma Taylor MD2020 Santa Monica Blvd. Santa Monica California 90404
- Dr. Mehran Nowfar-rad M.D.5400 Balboa Blvd Encino CA 91316
- Dr. Jasmine Yun MD2811 Wilshire Blvd Santa Monica CA 90403
- Dr. Ada M Winkielman MD18364 Clark St Tarzana CA 91356
- Dr. Eric Joel Meinhardt M.D.11645 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles CA 90025
- Dr. John Arthur Honch M.D.1346 Foothill Blvd La Canada Flintridge CA 91011