Dr. Alex Lechin practices Pulmonology in Houston, TX. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Lechin manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Universidad Central De Venezuela--Jose Maria Vargas, Escuela De Medicina Jose Maria Vargas 1986
Central University Of Venezuela, Luis Razetti School Of Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 1991
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease- 1994
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine- 1995
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Sleep Medicine- 1996
Dr. Alex Eduardo Lechin M.D., F.C.C.P.'s Expert Contributions
In general, even if you do not have or had lung problems prior or after your surgery, seeing a lung specialist is a good idea. Bypass surgery can cause several lung complications such as paralysis of the left diaphragm, pleural effusion (fluid around the lung), among others. If you have a history of prior lung diseases like COPD, asthma, or have persistent shortness of breath, cough, or chest pain in areas other than the sternum surgical incision, for example, then you very likely need to see your pulmonologist. I hope you are doing well after your surgery and my answer helpful. Alex Lechin READ MORE
- Candida lusitaniae catheter-related sepsis.
- Severe asthma and plasma serotonin.
- Plasma serotonin, pulmonary hypertension and bronchial asthma.
- Pulmonary hypertension, left ventricular dysfunction and plasma serotonin: commentary on Deuchar et al.
- Tianeptine, plasma serotonin, and pulmonary hypertension.
- Tianeptine: a new exploratory therapy for asthma.
- Circulating neurotransmitters during the different wake-sleep stages in normal subjects.
- Neural sympathetic activity in essential hypertension.
- Autonomic nervous system assessment throughout the wake-sleep cycle and stress.
- Natural killer cells activity and neuroimmunological treatment of cancer.
- Treatment of bronchial asthma with tianeptine.
- Serotonin bronchial hyperresponsiveness and eosinophilic cholangiopathy.
- Pimozide therapy for trigeminal neuralgia.
- Treatment of ulcerative colitis with clonidine.
- Effects of clonidine on blood pressure, noradrenaline, cortisol, growth hormone, and prolactin plasma levels in high and low intestinal tone depressed patients.
- CPAP machine performance and altitude.
- Plasma neurotransmitters, blood pressure, and heart rate during supine-resting, orthostasis, and moderate exercise conditions in major depressed patients.
- Peripheral blood immunological parameters in long-term benzodiazepine users.
- Adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS): the basics.
- Increased levels of free serotonin in plasma of symptomatic asthmatic patients.
- Neuropharmacologic treatment of bronchial asthma with the antidepressant tianeptine: a double-blind, crossover placebo-controlled study.
- The serotonin uptake-enhancing drug tianeptine suppresses asthmatic symptoms in children: a double-blind, crossover, placebo-controlled study.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Assistant ProfessorBaylor College of Medicine, Houston Texas1995 - 2018
- Associate ProfessorCollege of Pharmacy, University of Houston2001 - 2018
- Thoracentesis & Paracentesis
- Chest X-ray, Ct Scan, Pulmonary Function Test
- Bronchoscopy Lung Biopsy, Needle Aspiration
- Navigational Guided Bronchoscopy
- Bronchothermoplasty Asthma Treatment
- Echocardiogram (echo)
- Holter And Heart Monitor Testing
- Allergies, Allergy Shots, Allergy Testing And More
- Sleep Studies, Both Full In Lab Studies And Home Portable Sleep Studies
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- American Federation for Medical Research
- East Tennessee State University 1991
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Baylor College of MedicnePulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep Medicine1994
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- The Museum of Fine arts, Houston ,TX
- The Virtuosi of Houston
- Saint Luke's Episcopal Hospital ( Houston, TX )
- Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center ( Houston, Texas )
Dr. Alex Eduardo Lechin M.D., F.C.C.P.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77034 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Alex Eduardo Lechin M.D., F.C.C.P. | Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Alex Eduardo Lechin M.D., F.C.C.P.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lechin
- Carol c.
- How This Journalist Became a Champion of Cystic Fibrosis Awareness
New York journalist Scott Pelley is being celebrated by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation for his tremendous efforts to CF awareness. Read on to learn more.For people who don't have any personal connection to cystic fibrosis, the condition is often overlooked. The general public doesn't really know...
- “There Are No Alligators in Heaven!” Scores 4-star Review from Portland Books
There Are No Alligators in Heaven! is a book by Donna Codell, Evan Codell, and their daughter, Jennifer Hale. It was published by Starshine Galaxy Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to publishing stories by and about children who have passed away.Portland Book Review (PBR) gave a 4-star...
- Study Shows High Levels of Vitamin D May Improve Lung Function
Vitamin D, also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’, is an important nutrient that the human body needs in order to maintain a healthy life – both physically and mentally. Vitamin D serves numerous vital bodily functions, including supporting the immune system, improving muscle function,...
- Is Pleurisy Fatal?
What is pleurisy?Also known as pleuritis, is a condition that occurs when the pleural membranes lining the lungs and the inner aspect of the chest wall becomes inflamed, which causes them to rub against each other with friction during breathing.Pleurisy makes breathing difficult and painful. It is...
- What Is Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is inflammation of the cells lining your bronchial airways. Bronchitis affects males more than the females. Bronchitis can be due to an infection (viral or bacterial in origin), inhalation of smoke, dust or any other irritating substance....
- What Is Pneumocystis Carinii Pneumonia?
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) is a very serious disease, which is characterized by a fluid buildup and inflammation in the lungs. This lung infection is caused by the fungus Pneumocystis jiroveci. It is an opportunistic disease that usually infects immunosuppressed individuals, especially...
- Dr. Julio Shahar MD 13111 East Freeway Houston Texas 77015
- Dr. Vickie Shannon M.D. 1515 Holcombe Blvd. Houston Texas 77030
- Dr. Garry W Lambert D.O. 1050 Wellington Ave Grand Junction CO 81501
- Dr. Javier Barreda garcia M.D. 114 Sawyer Cir Memphis TN 38103
- Dr. Akhil Bidani 6410 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Tehmina Ahmed Badar M.D. 7500 Beechnut St Houston TX 77074