Dr. James Elson is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Gibsonia, PA. Dr. Elson performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine 1980
Dr. James Joseph Elson MD's Practice location
Gibsonia, PA 15044Get Direction
Dr. James Joseph Elson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Dr. Eathar A Razak M.D.200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Jonas Aaron Cooper MD5200 Centre Avenue Pittsburgh PA 15232
- Dr. William A. Belden MD320 E North Ave Pittsburgh PA 15212
- Dr. Harish Manyam MD1307 Federal St Pittsburgh PA 15212
- Dr. Barry Leonard Alpert MD4815 Liberty Ave Pittsburgh PA 15224
- Dr. Christopher Adrien Bonnet MD320 E North Ave Pittsburgh PA 15212