Dr. Jerry Froedge is a pediatrician practicing in Hickory, NC. Dr. Froedge is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Froedge diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Froedge can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Louisville Sch of Med, Louisville Ky 1969
University of Louisville School of Medicine 1969
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Ear Infection
- Contact Dermatitis
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Stomach Flu
- Strep Throat
- Baylor Coll Of Med, Pediatrics; Franciscan Med Ctr-Dayton, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Baylor College of Medicine Program
Dr. Jerry K Froedge M.D.'s Practice location
Hickory, NC 28602Get Direction
Dr. Jerry K Froedge M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Froedge
- Fast Weight Gain in Infants Predicts Obesity in Their Future
“Babies who gain weight quickly within the first two years have a high risk of childhood obesity," says a new study published in the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. Infants who gain weight after 6-12 months are more likely to be obese when they are 5-years-old to 10-years-old....
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Reading to Your Children: The Path to Healthy Kids
Storytelling is a vehicle for parents to bond with their children, while instilling values and character traits. Making time for a 15 minute story is a great way to directly connect with your children.Storytelling is a tradition as old as human history. The stories of Aesop may come to mind. The...
- Cow Milk Formula Helps Babies to Gain Weight
According to a study, infants who were fed on cow’s milk formula gained weight more quickly, when compared to infants who were fed on protein hydrolysate formulas. Protein hydrolysate formulas, or hypoallergenic formulas, are meant for children who have problems digesting certain proteins. The...
- What Is Ascariasis: Symptoms and Treatment
What is ascariasis?Ascariasis is a parasitic infection of the small intestine caused by the roundworm called Ascaris lumbricoides. Ascariasis is a common roundworm infection, especially in children. According to one of the reports from the World Health Organization (WHO), about 10 percent of the...
- Which Conditions Are Linked with Mesenteric Adenitis?
Mesenteric adenitis, also called as mesenteric lymphadenitis, is a condition that causes swelling and inflammation in the abdominal lymph nodes. This condition usually affects children and adolescents.Lymph nodes are small glands that are part of the lymphatic system. They contain a type of white...
- Dr. Ghulam Hussain MD1446 E Gaston St Lincolnton NC 28092
- Dr. Christopher Randolph Clapp MD3431 Morganton Blvd Sw Lenoir NC 28645
- Dr. Jancy F Utoh MD6801 South Blvd Charlotte NC 28217
- Dr. John Frederick Whalley MD100 Medical Heights Dr Morganton NC 28655
- Dr. Terry Clanton Dodds MD401 Mulberry St Sw Lenoir NC 28645
- Dr. Jonas Eric Dravland M.D.401 Mulberry St Sw Lenoir NC 28645