Dr. Alfred Boykin practices Pulmonology in Columbia, SC. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Boykin manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
- Med Coll Sc
Dr. Alfred Brevard Boykin MD's Practice location
Columbia, SC 29209Get Direction
Dr. Alfred Brevard Boykin MD's reviewsWrite Review
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Everything About Viral Pneumonia
An Overview of Viral Pneumonia: What is it? Pneumonia is the inflammation of your lung tissue. It can be caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. Viral pneumonia is a result of untreated flu. When left untreated, the viruses somehow reach your lungs causing inflammation and swelling of the airways....
- How Long Does Acute Bronchitis Last? How to Treat and Prevent
Bronchial tubes, which are an important part of the respiratory system, perform an important function of exchanging air to and from the lungs. However, sometimes due to various triggers, these bronchial tubes can get inflamed causing a mucus build-up. The symptoms like coughing and dyspnea that are...
- How Do Cystic Fibrosis Clinical Trials Work?
The great thing about medical research is that there are always new clinical trials going on in an attempt to find a cure, or at least new treatment options. However, it can be confusing to understand what actually goes on in these trials, and how they come about in the first place. Read further to...
- Croup in Adults
Croup in AdultsAlthough croup is commonly observed in children who are 6 months to 3 years old, it is also possible for adults to get the infection in rare cases. Croup is a viral respiratory infection caused by human parainfluenza viruses (HPIVs). However, other causes of croup may include...
- Canadian Brewery Contributes to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Cystic fibrosis can seem like an insurmountable challenge, especially when a loved one is affected by it. For those affected by the disorder, some days can be extremely challenging both for them and their caretakers.Jon Corbett spends 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes every night simply...
- Mr. Paul M Kirschenfeld MD1333 Taylor St Columbia SC 29201
- Dr. Carlton Gregory Cauthen M.D.1655 Bernardin Ave Columbia SC 29204
- Dr. William Benjamin Owens M.D.8 Medical Park Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Robert Randall Rusher MD1800 Orleans St Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Brian A Smith MDWjb Dorn Vamc Columbia SC 29209
- Dr. William Shawn Ghent MD1655 Bernardin Ave Columbia SC 29204