Dr. Heather Segersten is a speech language pathologist practicing in ARLINGTON, VA. Dr. Segersten specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Segersten evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Segersten helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Heather Noel Segersten CCC-SLP's Practice location
ARLINGTON, VA 22204Get Direction
Heather Noel Segersten CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Miss Miguelina Zapata M.S. CCC-SLP4500 NEW HAMPSHIRE AVE NW WASHINGTON DC 20011
- Mrs. Amanda Jane Sutton CCC-SLP1818 LIBRARY ST RESTON VA 20190
- Erika Carreno villagomez MD17620 REDLAND RD STE A DERWOOD MD 20855
- Rochelle Pilberg SLP8243 TOLL HOUSE RD ANNANDALE VA 22003
- Tierra Lebbie M. ED1500 DECEMBER DR APT 304 SILVER SPRING MD 20904
- Kimberly Sebzda8348 TRAFORD LN SPRINGFIELD VA 22152