Laura Poirier is a physical therapist practicing in WARREN, MI. Laura Poirier specializes in physical treatment to help a patient reduce pain, restore mobility, rehabilitate an injury, or increase movement and overall function. As a physical therapist, Laura Poirier can treat multiple conditions with exercises, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, joint mobilization, heat, ice, massage, laser or light therapy and more. Laura Poirier will create a treatment plan based on the patients specific injury or condition, and might target a specific body part or body system based on the individual.
Laura Ann Poirier's Practice location
WARREN, MI 48088Get Direction
Laura Ann Poirier's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding the Causes of Fibromyalgia
The exact cause of fibromyalgia is a medical mystery; however, research on this condition and pain and sensory processing is being monitored to discover how fibromyalgia develops and impacts the body. For now, research has identified several risk factors that predispose an individual for developing...
- Everything You Need to Know About Fibromyalgia
What is Fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain and chronic fatigue. Symptoms and severity differ depending on the individual. Individuals with fibromyalgia will often describe their pain as throbbing, stabbing, shoot, ache, or burning.Symptoms of...
- When Should I See a Doctor if I have Back Pain?
Physical pain brought about by back pain can sometimes be unbearable making sitting, standing or walking a painful activity to undertake. Other aspects of your life might be affected too, such as sleep or your overall mood. Your daily life activities like study or work can also be affected resulting...
- Does Kinesiology Tape Work?
What is a kinesiology tape?Most people would recognize kinesiology tapes as bright-colored tapes with fascinating configurations. A kinesiology tape is a thin and stretchy fabric made from cotton or nylon blend. This stretchy fabric is backed up with an adhesive, which is made from hypoallergenic...
- Are There Risks to Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy tries to address the illness or injury that prevents a person from living their daily lives, and performing activities. To arrive at a diagnosis, a physical examination and past history are used to come up with a management plan. Physical therapy management often involves...
- What to Expect During Physical Therapy
The first time you visit your physical therapist for therapy, the specialist will go through your records and give a complete examination in regards to your situation. The report will cover sensitive muscle areas that feel pain when compressed, abilities, daily problems, desired outcome, and...
- Dr. Mikhail Muhammad DPT24011 Greenfield Rd Southfield MI 48075
- Ryan David Vinson PT21550 Harrington St Clinton Township MI 48036
- Stuart Siegner PT CSCS878 S Rochester Rd Rochester MI 48307
- Chris M Buchanan P.T.33437 Woodward Ave Birmingham MI 48009
- Mr. Paul Gerard Jozefczyk PT13745 19 Mile Rd Sterling Heights MI 48313
- Dr. Amar N Patel PT, DPT25147 W Warren St Dearborn Heights MI 48127