Dr. Lina Amini is an ophthalmologist practicing in RICHMOND, VA. Dr. Amini specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Amini can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Amini can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Glaucoma, Duke University, Durham, NC USA 2008
- DUKE EYE CENTER, GLAUCOMA, NC, USA 2008
- Duke Univ Eye Center, Glaucoma 2007
- Duke University Medical Center 2008
Dr. Lina Amini M.D.'s Practice location
RICHMOND, VA 23226Get Direction
Dr. Lina Amini M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetesType 1 diabetes, which is also called insulin-dependent diabetes, is the more severe form of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes develops at any age, but it usually develops among children and teenagers. This is the reason why it is also commonly called “juvenile” diabetes.Living with type...
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- Should I Opt for Cataracts Surgery?
Cataracts is a cloudy area in the lens of the eye that blocks the light entering the eye, thus affecting vision. Surgery is one of the most common options to treat cataracts and improve vision. It is performed by an ophthalmologist and in most cases, is an outpatient procedure. Cataracts is an eye...
- Pink Eye vs. Allergies
IntroductionThe eye is one of the sensitive parts of the body, and it easily gets affected by any irritants such as microbes. Eyes turning red would be due to not getting enough sleep or not blinking enough in a day. In certain cases, it can also be a sign of some kind of infection or...
- What is Keratoconus?
Keratoconus is a non-inflammatory disorder of the eye where the cornea bulges outward like a cone. Thinning and bulging of cornea may result in blurring of vision and make the eye more sensitive to light. This disorder is seen in both the eyes and is common in people from 10-years-old to...
- Natario L. Couser6611 Monument Avenue Richmond Virginia 23226
- Dr. Crystan M Schneider MD400 WESTHAMPTON STA RICHMOND VA 23226
- Dr. Jason Chiappetta M.D.11500 Bell Tower Ct. Richmond VA 23233
- Dr. Christopher Theodore Leffler MD4819 Cedar Branch Ct Glen Allen VA 23060
- Dr. Suzanne M Everhart D.O.,P.C.204 Virginia St Ashland VA 23005
- Dr. David Wishart Macmillan M.D.4600 Cox Rd Glen Allen VA 23060