Dr. Barbara Heywood is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, also known as an otolaryngologist, practicing in Omaha, NE. Dr. Heywood specializes in diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat as well as other parts of the head and neck. Such structures an ENT may work on include the sinuses, larynx (voice box) and mouth in addition to the ear, nose and throat. There are seven areas of expertise that an ENT might specialize in, and these are: allergies; facial reconstructive surgery; head and neck; laryngology; otology/neurotology; pediatric otolaryngology; and rhinology.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1973
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
- Univ Of Ne Coll Of Med, Otolaryngology; Creighton Univ Affil Hosp, General Surgery
- Creighton University Affil Hospital
Dr. Barbara M Heywood MD's Practice location
Omaha, NE 68198Get Direction
Dr. Barbara M Heywood MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- What Causes Ear Infections?
When you hear about an ear infection, it usually refers to a middle ear infection, wherein your middle ear gets inflamed. The middle ear is the part of the ear just behind the eardrum. Ear infections are most commonly caused by bacteria and viruses.An ear infection can either be acute or chronic....
- Decoding Facts About the Strep Throat Infection
Is it a sore throat or a strep throat infection?Strep throat is a medical condition associated with bacteria that infect the throat and tonsils. The infection is caused by group A Streptococcus bacteria. This group of bacteria is usually spread through contact with droplets of an infected person....
- What Is an Ear Infection?
An ear infection, which is also called otitis media, is the infection of the middle portion of the ear. Ear infections may be caused by viral or bacterial infections. The infected portion of the ear typically becomes inflamed and causes fluid to buildup in the middle ear. The middle ear is what we...
- Can Sinusitis Cause Vomiting?
Can Sinusitis Cause Vomiting?Sinusitis is a medical condition that can be accompanied by a wide range of symptoms. The symptoms vary between individuals and also between adults and children. Yes, sinusitis can cause vomiting, but it occurs only in specific or rare cases, usually when the condition...
- Why Does Sleep Apnea Happen?
Sleep apnea may seem baffling at first. How much do you really know about the disease? What causes you to stop breathing in your sleep? Is this a natural phenomenon? Are some people more prone than others? How can you prevent it? Having many questions about a potential condition is normal. Many...
- Dr. Thomas J. Dobleman M.D.7710 Mercy Road Omaha Nebraska 68124
- Veronique Wan Fook Cheung MDCM, FRCSC145 Michigan Ave Grand Rapids Michigan 49503
- Dr. Trent W. Quinlan MD366 Regency Parkway Drive Omaha Nebraska 68114
- Dr. Katherine I Aberle MD981225 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. William Derek Leight M.D.555 N 30th St Omaha NE 68131
- Dr. Dwight T Jones M.D.300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115