Dr. Ricardo Alvarado-melendez practices Neuropathology in San Juan, PR. Dr. Alvarado-melendez studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Universidad Central Del Caribe School Of Medicine 2004
Dr. Ricardo Nelson Alvarado-melendez M.D.'s Practice location
San Juan, PR 00926Get Direction
SAN JUAN, PR 00926Get Direction
Dr. Ricardo Nelson Alvarado-melendez M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Experiencing Multiple Sclerosis During Pregnancy
Many people living with MS face everyday challenges such as muscle spasms, numbness, extreme fatigue, mood changes, and more. Women who live with MS and who want to start a family might be wondering if pregnancy would be healthy for them.Of course, while this is a natural response, the chances of...
- New Machine Could Detect Early Alzheimer's
A group of biomedical researchers from Case Western Reserve University may have found a new and better way to catch early Alzheimer’s.Why catch Alzheimer’s early?Alzheimer’s affects about 5.5 million Americans, and as people are getting older and living longer, anyone can expect that this...
- Movement Disorder in Parkinson's May Be Due to Brain's Rewiring
Parkinson’s is among the most common neurodegenerative and movement disorders that touches the lives of approximately 1% of the population over the age of 60. It is more common among men than women, which suggests apart from genetics, hormonal and environmental factors may play a role. Although...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- The Very Real and Deep Depression That Is Often Associated With Multiple Sclerosis
To date, what exactly triggers the onset of MS remains unknown. In some individuals, attacks of neurologic symptoms come and go, while in others, the attacks never get better. Nevertheless, in all individuals with MS, damage to the nerves can make it difficult for the nerve impulses to travel...
- Is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Common Among Muscular Dystrophy Patients?
Researchers have discovered that, compared to the general public, there is a higher than average rate of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in those with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD). Researchers from the University of Iowa conducted and published research in the May 2018 issue of The Journal...
- Mr. William E Philippi MD73 Calle Santa Cruz Bayamon PR 00961
- Dr. Evelyn Gonzalez M.D.735 Ponce De Leon Ave San Juan PR 00917
- Mr. Ulises Lisandro Nobo M.D.Ave Luis Munoz Marin Hima San Pablo Caguas PR 00725
- Dr. Norma E Agosto-maury MDA2 Calle Lodi San Juan PR 00924
- Dr. Katherine Marie Padilla-rodriguez M.D.Puerto Rico Medical Center San Juan PR 00922
- Dr. Diana Balsalobre M.D.Maramar Plaza San Patricio Ave. 101 Guaynabo PR 00968