Dr. Sandra Russell is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Okemos, MI. Dr. Russell specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Russell can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Russell can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine 1989
Dr. Sandra K Russell DO's Practice location
Okemos, MI 48864Get Direction
Dr. Sandra K Russell DO's reviewsWrite Review
- Why Screening and Treatment for Gestational Diabetes is Important
Can gestational diabetes affect the development and growth of the baby? Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes only develops during pregnancy, and most of the time, gestational diabetes is diagnosed during the last stage of pregnancy. If someone is diagnosed with diabetes during the earlier...
- Hot Flashes and Women's Health
Hot flashes are one of the most common symptoms of menopause and perimenopause. It is also commonly seen in women with premature menopause and induced menopause.Hot flashes cause women who experience them to suddenly feel overheated, it is usually accompanied by sweating and a red, flushed face. The...
- What Is a PUPPP Rash?
IntroductionA PUPPP rash, also known as pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy, is a skin condition wherein pregnant women get a hives-like rash on their skin. These rashes or bumps are itchy and usually appear on the stomach or stretch marks during pregnancy, especially in the third...
- New Cancer Drug in the UK Has Begun Clinical Trials for Advanced Cancer Patients
People with advanced tumors are often at the very end of a line of treatment options. Despite the many advances we have today in technology and modern medicine, cancer’s puzzle has not yet been solved. Many of these patients’ last days are filled with pain as they spend their last moments...
- Are There Routine Checks for Ovarian Cancer?
Ovarian cancer is the most common cause of death among gynecologic types of cancer. The most common risk factors for ovarian cancer are:...
- What is an Endometrial Ablation?
This is a procedure which surgically destroys the uterine lining (endometrium). The aim of endometrial ablation is to minimize menstrual flow. No incision is required for this procedure. A light viewing hysteroscope is inserted through the channels between the vagina and cervix. The procedure may be...
- Dr. Alane Marie Laws-barker MD1100 W Saginaw St Lansing MI 48915
- Dr. Jessica A Kiley MD1322 E Michigan Ave Lansing MI 48912
- Dr. Douglas Eugene Pugmire D.O.1515 Lake Lansing Rd Lansing MI 48912
- Dr. Robert Alan Long MD3290 W. Big Beaver Troy MI 48084
- Dr. Stacey S Tremp D.O.401 W Greenlawn Ave Lansing MI 48910
- Dr. Michael H. Maser DO1650 Haslett Rd Haslett MI 48840