Dr. David Phelps is a general surgeon practicing in Fort Scott, KS. Dr. Phelps specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Phelps provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
University of Wales in Great Britain 1976
- Chronic Pain
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- University of Kansas (Wichita)/Wesley Program
Dr. David W Phelps M.D's Practice location
Fort Scott, KS 66701Get Direction
Dr. David W Phelps M.D's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is an Umbilical Hernia Surgery?
An umbilical hernia operation is a surgical procedure that repairs an umbilical hernia issue. A hernia is a protrusion that usually appears in the abdomen. The bulging effect is due to the intestines or bowels trying to push their way out of the abdominal walls via the weak spots. Although commonly...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machine: Gel, Cleaner, and Price
Sleep apnea is a sleep breathing disorder. It is characterized by repetitive pauses in breathing, which may occur several times per hour and may last for 10 seconds. It is usually a chronic condition. It results in poor sleep quality and excessive sleepiness in daytime. The most common type is...
- What Happens During a Laminectomy?
What is a laminectomy?You may experience back pain that affects your day-to-day activities. Your doctor may recommend that you undergo a surgical procedure called laminectomy.Laminectomy is a surgical operation, in which the lamina is removed. This helps relieve pressure that is exerted on the nerve...
- What to Expect After Gallbladder Surgery
The Gallbladder is a small, pear-shaped organ that is located below the liver. It is found on the right side of the abdomen. Its primary function is to take and store the fluid that is released from the liver to help in digestion (bile). The surgical procedure that is used to extract a damaged...
- What Are the Side Effects of Cholecystectomy?
Cholecystectomy is a common surgical operation currently performed for the treatment of gallbladder problems. The operation is basically a surgery done to remove the gallbladder. The removal of the gallbladder can be done in two different methods.Methods Used in a CholecystectomyOne of the methods...
- Hysterectomy: What to Expect During Your Recovery
Though a hysterectomy is categorized as a major operation, more women are going under the knife for it than before, and this is mainly due to less intrusive surgical procedures that lower the pain involved, shorten surgical scars, and speed up recovery.In abdominal surgery, a T-shaped surgical...
- Dr. Ralph Warren Hall D.O403 Woodland Hills Blvd Fort Scott KS 66701
- Mr. William A Turner MD800 S Ash St Nevada MO 64772
- Dr. Rene Sherwin Parungao MD800 S Ash St Nevada MO 64772
- Dr. Wan-lin Horng M.D.1221 Madison St Seattle WA 98104
- Dr. Dean Taylor Gettler M.D.1983 255th St Fort Scott KS 66701
- Dr. Joseph T Dodd M.D.800 S Ash Nevada MO 64772