Dr. Gary Kawesch is an ophthalmologist practicing in San Jose, CA. Dr. Kawesch specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Kawesch can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Kawesch can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch of Med, Los Angeles Ca 1988
University of California 1988
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Ucla Mc J Stein Eye Inst, Ophthalmology; Huntington Mem Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Jules Stein Eye Institute UCLA 1989
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Dr. Gary Michael Kawesch M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Gary Michael Kawesch M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kawesch
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- What is Eye Herpes?
What is eye herpes?Eye herpes, or ocular herpes, is a recurrent viral infection that affects the eyes. It is caused by herpes simplex virus type 1. It causes an inflammation of the eye, as well as scarring in the cornea.Eye herpes can be transmitted from one person to another when there is a close...
- Eye Twitching: Symptoms and Solutions
Eye twitching is the repetitive, involuntary blinking or spasm of the upper eyelid. Also known as blepharospasm, twitching affects the muscles of both eyes. Some of the most common causes of eye twitching include fatigue, stress, and caffeine. Twitching is usually painless and goes away on its own...
- What is Dry Eye?
Dry eyes are a condition in which the eyes do not get enough moisture and lubrication from tears. It is the tears that provides constant moisture to the eyes, which is very important for comfort of viewing. It is a very common condition in the population, particularly in people above 40-years-old....
- Pink Eye vs. Allergies
IntroductionThe eye is one of the sensitive parts of the body, and it easily gets affected by any irritants such as microbes. Eyes turning red would be due to not getting enough sleep or not blinking enough in a day. In certain cases, it can also be a sign of some kind of infection or...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Rosacea?
Rosacea is a very common skin condition that frequently affects people aged above 30 years. It produces redness on your cheeks, nose, and forehead. Although it commonly affects women, more severe symptoms occur in males. Approximately 16 million people are affected in the United States alone, and it...
- Dr. Rona Zel Silkiss M.D.400 29th Street Oakland California 94609
- Dr. Randal Pham M.D.989 Story Road San Jose California 95122
- Dr. Kimberly P. Cockerham MD36 W YOKUTS AVE Stockton CA 95207
- Dr. James D. Palmer MD200 Jose Figueres Avenue, Suite 415 San Jose California 95116
- Dr. Gurunadh Atmaram Vemulakonda MD325 9th Ave Seattle WA 98104
- Dr. Jerry Lai M.D.167 Purchase St Rye NY 10580