Dr. Sarah Wallace is a speech language pathologist practicing in RALEIGH, NC. Dr. Wallace specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Wallace evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Wallace helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Sarah Wallace's Practice location
RALEIGH, NC 27607Get Direction
Sarah Wallace's reviewsWrite Review
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Mrs. Shannon Burchett Schieder M.A. CCC-SLP360 RALEIGH STREET HOLLY SPRINGS NC 27540
- Ms. Cathryn Caldwell MED, CCC-SLP4201 LAKE BOONE TRL RALEIGH NC 27607
- Mrs. Sheila J Summer MS,CCCSLP319 CHAPANOKE RD RALEIGH NC 27603
- Elizabeth Rogers106 SPINDLE CREEK CT CARY NC 27519
- Jennifer R Dinunzio M.A., CCC-SLP3100 BLUE RIDGE RD RALEIGH NC 27612
- Mrs. Robin Cox Gillespie PH.D. CCC-SLP712 CECIL ST DURHAM NC 27707