Dr. Amy Loyd is a speech language pathologist practicing in LITTLE ROCK, AR. Dr. Loyd specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Loyd evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Loyd helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Amy Loyd M.S.'s Practice location
LITTLE ROCK, AR 72207Get Direction
Amy Loyd M.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- Ashley R Hilborn MS-CF20900 ROLAND HEIGHTS RD ROLAND AR 72135
- Charla Burkett S.L.P.74 GARDEN OAKS DR MAUMELLE AR 72113
- Suzanne Leigh Biddy MS, CCC-SLP8701 RILEY DR LITTLE ROCK AR 72205
- Alicia Nadine Howard M.S.6520 BASELINE RD STE A LITTLE ROCK AR 72209
- Stephanie Hamilton M.S. CCC-SLP4301 W MARKHAM ST # 621-1 LITTLE ROCK AR 72205
- Ms. Mary Eve Jordan2024 ARKANSAS VALLEY DR LITTLE ROCK AR 72212