Dr. Ajay Chawla practices Endocrinology in Stanford, CA. Dr. Chawla specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Chawla examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania 1996
Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania 1996
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Ajay Chawla MD, PHD's Practice location
Stanford, CA 94305Get Direction
Dr. Ajay Chawla MD, PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- Hypothyroidism: Is Hormone Therapy Right for Me?
Hypothyroidism is a condition characterized by a reduction in the amount of thyroid hormones produced by the thyroid gland. In this condition, the thyroid glands are under active and blood shows lower than normal levels of thyroid hormones. The symptoms of this disorder include:...
- Weight Loss Is Key To Reversing Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is characterized by the pancreas not making enough insulin to regulate blood sugar levels. Previously, the medical community and patients believed that a pancreas that did not work properly lasted for life, but this is not the case. New studies have found that weight loss can treat...
- Fasting May Be Good for Diabetes, Research Shows
Intermittent fasting is common nowadays, and recent studies have shown that there are successes involved with this type of fasting. The most success about the fasting involves diabetes, and perhaps, it is the most impressive. Intermittent fasting involves restricting eating to certain times and not...
- Pain that Requires Prompt Medical Attention
The following are a list of different painful experiences that one must seek medical attention for:Severe headache“If headache is accompanied by a cold, it could be sinus headache”, says Sandra Fryhofer, MD, MACP, spokeswoman for the American College of Physicians. If the headache is severe and...
- New Retinopathy Screening Program Cuts Diabetic Sight Loss
For those who have diabetes or have loved ones with the condition, then one of the common complications they may have heard about would be visual impairment. Diabetic retinopathy is a major complication which has made an impact on health systems all over the world. There have been an estimated 1 in...
- Do I Have a Thyroid Problem?
Thyroid problems are very common, affecting millions of people in the country. In most cases, the affected person may not realize that such an issue exists. The thyroid is a very important gland that influences different metabolic processes in the body. Among the different thyroid problems, abnormal...
- Farnoosh Farrokhi Other20101 Lake Chabot Rd Castro Valley California 94546
- Dr. Sumbul N Beg M.D.1783 El Camino Real Burlingame CA 94010
- Dr. Charles Bruhn M.D.227 N Jackson Ave San Jose CA 95116
- Dr. Linda Membreno MD701 E El Camino Real Mountain View CA 94040
- Dr. Aruna J Ravanam MD777 Knowles Dr Los Gatos CA 95032
- Dr. Aruna Chakravorty M.D., PHD3200 Kearney St Fremont CA 94538