Dr. Krishnan E Parayath MD
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease5670 54th Ave N Suite A-1 Saint Petersburg FL, 33709
Dr. Krishnan Parayath is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Saint Petersburg, FL. Dr. Parayath specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Med Coll, Univ Of Kerala, Trivandrum, Kerala, India 1986
Medical College Thiruvananthapuram 1986
Dr. Krishnan E Parayath MD's Practice location
Saint Petersburg, FL 33709Get Direction
Dr. Krishnan E Parayath MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Parayath
- What to Expect on Your Future Visits to the Doctor After You Have Been Diagnosed with Lyme Disease
A diagnosis of Lyme disease immediately calls for a 2-4 week course of antibiotics. Doxycycline, amoxicillin, and cefuroxime axetil are some of the antibiotics most commonly used to treat Lyme disease. However, treatment may still vary depending on the symptoms present and the stage at which the...
- Borrelia burgdorferi: The Bug Responsible for Lyme Disease
Borrelia burgdorferi is a gram-negative bacterium, which is the causative organism of Lyme disease. It is most commonly found in North America and Europe. Lyme disease is a zoonotic vector-borne disease. A zoonotic disease is a disease that can be transmitted from animals to humans and...
- Causes, Treatment, and Prevention of Petechiae
Petechiae are tiny dots that appear as red, brown, or purple in color beneath the skin. They are usually seen in clusters on the stomach, buttocks, arms, and legs. However, they may also appear inside the mouth or on the eyelids. Petechiae may indicate different conditions, which can range from...
- Is There a Window Period to Test for HIV?
HIV is a virus that attacks and slowly destroys the immune system of the body. Once the virus gets into the body, it gets incorporated in the bloodstream and destroys white blood cells in the immune system. The immune system is a natural system that protects the body from infections. HIV is found in...
- What Are Lymphocytes? Low, Normal, and High Lymphocyte Counts
Lymphocytes are a type of white blood cell produced in the bone marrow. A few lymphocytes enter the bloodstream while some move into the lymphatic system. Having a low or high lymphocyte count can help identify a person's medical condition. Normal lymphocyte counts usually vary from one laboratory...
- How Do People Get Lyme Disease?
Lyme disease is found all over the world, with the only exception being Antarctica, which means that it is possible to get the disease virtually anywhere in the world.What Causes Lyme disease?The main cause of Lyme disease is a spirochetal bacteria found under the Borrelia genus collectively known...
- Dr. Scott Ubillos M.D.4729 North Habana Avenue Tampa Florida 33614
- Dr. Cruz Martina Fana-souchet MD125 Patricia Ave Dunedin FL 34698
- Dr. Jeffrey R Levenson M.D.1700 66th St N Saint Petersburg FL 33710
- Dr. Eric S. Berke M.D.1121 Overcash Dr Dunedin FL 34698
- Dr. Margarita R Cancio MD4729 N Habana Ave Tampa FL 33614
- Dr. Abey Sarai MD, FACP5670 54th Ave N Saint Petersburg FL 33709