Dr. Michelle A Petri M.D.
Rheumatologist | Rheumatology1800 Orleans St Baltimore MD, 21287
Dr. Michelle Petri is a rheumatologist practicing in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Petri specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Petri treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1980
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Rheumatology
- Neuropsychiatric systemic lupus erythematosus: miles to go before we sleep.
- Classification criteria for antiphospholipid syndrome: the case for cardiac valvular disease.
- Therapy with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in systemic lupus erythematosus may be associated with severe flares.
- The TNFalpha locus is altered in monocytes from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Efficacy and safety of belimumab in patients with active systemic lupus erythematosus: a randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial.
- Belimumab in the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus: high disease activity predictors of response.
- Differences between male and female systemic lupus erythematosus in a multiethnic population.
- Autoimmune heart disease: role of sex hormones and autoantibodies in disease pathogenesis.
- Effects of belimumab, a B lymphocyte stimulator-specific inhibitor, on disease activity across multiple organ domains in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: combined results from two phase III trials.
- Efficacy and safety of epratuzumab in patients with moderate/severe active systemic lupus erythematosus: results from EMBLEM, a phase IIb, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicentre study.
- Improvements in health-related quality of life with belimumab, a B-lymphocyte stimulator-specific inhibitor, in patients with autoantibody-positive systemic lupus erythematosus from the randomised controlled BLISS trials.
- Disease control and safety of belimumab plus standard therapy over 7 years in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Clinical, laboratory and health-related quality of life correlates of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Responder Index response: a post hoc analysis of the phase 3 belimumab trials.
- Monocyte enhancers are highly altered in systemic lupus erythematosus.
- H3K4 tri-methylation breadth at transcription start sites impacts the transcriptome of systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Hydroxychloroquine-Induced Erythema Multiforme.
- Associates and predictors of pleurisy or pericarditis in SLE.
- Mass Gen Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Michelle A Petri M.D.'s Practice location
Baltimore, MD 21287Get Direction
BALTIMORE, MD 21287Get Direction
Dr. Michelle A Petri M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Petri
- Why Social Implications of Rheumatoid Arthritis Should Be Addressed
When patients are first diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, the main things they think about are the physical implications of the condition. It is true that these physical effects can be particularly troublesome and take up most of the patient's attention. However, rheumatoid arthritis effects...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Fibromyalgia
What is fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is a medical condition that is characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain along with sleep disturbances, memory problems, mood swings, and fatigue. According to studies, fibromyalgia intensifies painful sensations by affecting how the brain processes pain...
- Selena Gomez Starts Boxing After Kidney Transplant
In September, an important announcement from singer and actress Selena Gomez surprised and shocked her fans: she had undergone a kidney transplant to try to combat the complications from lupus. Selena's revelation is part of a special TV program conducted by the journalist Savannah Guthrie and...
- Actress Linda Park on Being Diagnosed with Lupus
The international renowned actress who give life to impressive and beloved characters on both television hits Bosch and Star Trek: Enterprise has shared some information on what is like to live with lupus, how it makes you more resilient to any kind of situation in life and gave some tips on how to...
- Parenting with Fibromyalgia
Parenting itself is a rewarding yet daunting task; however, it becomes tougher when you are raising your kid while suffering from chronic pain caused by fibromyalgia.What is fibromyalgia?Characterized by fatigue and skeletal pain, fibromyalgia still remains a mystery to the medical community....
- 5 Crucial Considerations When Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
In the United States alone, over 1.5 million adults are living with rheumatoid arthritis. For many, living with RA means taking a bit longer to complete once-simple tasks.People with RA know that pushing too hard can result in additional joint pain and stiffness. It’s not always easy to check off...
- Dr. Assil Shaker Saleh M.D.1800 Orleans St Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Thomas Michael Zizic M.D.5601 Loch Raven Blvd Baltimore MD 21239
- Dr. Mercedes Ericka Quinones MD22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201
- Dr. Stephen Wayne George M.D.4801 Dorsey Hall Dr Ellicott City MD 21042
- Dr. Lisa Christopher M.D.1800 Orleans St Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Amit Golding M.D., PH.D.10 S Pine St Baltimore MD 21201