Dr. Michael Gajewski is a speech language pathologist practicing in MT PLEASANT, MI. Dr. Gajewski specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Gajewski evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Gajewski helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Michael Scott Gajewski MA CCC-SLP's Practice location
MT PLEASANT, MI 48859Get Direction
Michael Scott Gajewski MA CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- How Common is Autism?
According to a recent survey, 1 out of every 52 children who attend school is autistic. The rates of the disease are constantly increasing, and the disease has trippled in the past decade, not only in the U.S but all around the world.Boys are more affectedWhen we study different ethnic groups and...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Kayla Elrod M.S. SLP842 W WARWICK DR ALMA MI 48801
- Theresa Marie Jones MS CCC-SLP1101 HEALTH PROFESSIONS BUILDING MT PLEASANT MI 48859
- Mrs. Melissa Carol Chatelain MS-CCC-SLP1149 W MONROE RD SAINT LOUIS MI 48880
- Jennifer Lynn Thompson-mackovjak M.A. CCC-SLPCENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY MT PLEASANT MI 48859
- Laurie Ann Bahlke MA CCC-SLP1101 HEALTH PROFESSIONS BUILDING MT PLEASANT MI 48859
- Mark Edward Lehman PHD CCC-SLP1101 HEALTH PROFESSIONS BUILDING MT PLEASANT MI 48859