Dr. Martin Bandler is a gastroenterologist practicing in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Bandler specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Bandler performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Dalhousie University Faculty of Medicine 1954
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Interfaith Med Ctr, Gastroenterology; City Of Hope Natl Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Interfaith Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Victoria Gen Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- VICTORIA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Dr. Martin Bandler MD's Practice location
Dr. Martin Bandler MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Children's Film "Peter Rabbit" Under Fire for Controversial Scene Exploiting Food Allergies
The film Peter Rabbit is a modern take on the classic children's story. But, this film isn't without controversy. Parents of children with food allergies, and even parents of children with celiac disease, have recently decided to boycott the film altogether.But, why?It started when snippets from the...
- The Low FODMAP Diet and Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Myths and Facts
Until now, it has been recognized that diet neither causes nor treats inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. However, specific diets have proven to be helpful in alleviating symptoms associated with these diseases. When considering this, it is important to...
- Drugs for Heartburn May Cause Hip Fractures
Long-term use of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), the major class of heartburn drugs, may result in fractures of the hip in postmenopausal women with a history of smoking. The results of the study, published in the journal BMJ, shows that the risk of a hip fracture is not lowered even after stopping...
- Crohn’s Disease: What You Should Eat
Living with Crohn's disease is difficult, and managing your diet can be even more difficult. Managing a proper diet is vital to manage your Chron's symptoms and prevent any other complications from arising.A Crohn’s-friendly diet is not a cure for Chron's disease; it is only meant to help manage...
- What It's Like to Live With a Colostomy Bag
Many people with IBD reach the point where the diseased part of the intestine has to be removed. This surgery involves a disconnection between the intestine and the rectum. Therefore, corrective surgery is needed to create a new outlet for the passage of bowel movements from the body.Depending on...
- Treatment for Cholera
Cholera is a contagious infection that affects mostly the intestines apart from other parts of the body. The infection is known to cause severe effects to its victims, and it has claimed the lives of thousands of people every year. Although the illness is dangerous and severe, somehow not many...
- Dr. Daniel Megna MD360 Edison Street Staten Island New York 10306
- Dr. Jerome H. Siegel MD305 2nd Avenue New York New York 10003
- Rupa K. Sharma M.D.232 E 30h St New York New York 10016
- Dr. Democleia Panagou Gottesman MD415 Ocean View Ave Brooklyn NY 11235
- Anaka Prakash534 Avenue East Bayonne New Jersey 07002
- Dr. Shelby K. Samuel M.D.200 Brooklyn Avenue Brooklyn New York 11213