Dr. Sandra Russo practices Radiation Oncology in New York, NY. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Russo specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine MD
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Radiation Oncology; Staten Island Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Sandra Ann Russo MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10032Get Direction
GARDEN CITY, NY 11530Get Direction
Dr. Sandra Ann Russo MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
Radiotherapy is a treatment that involves high-energy X-rays or particles, which kill cancerous cells. It is sometimes used to treat non-cancerous tumors. Studies have shown that almost half of people with cancer receive radiotherapy as a part of their treatment plan.The type of radiotherapy to be...
- What Is Stage 4 Bladder Cancer?
Stage 4 bladder cancer is a bladder cancer that has spread through the bladder wall. In this stage, cancer has also invaded the lymph nodes, abdominal wall, and other body organs. This type of cancer is also known as "metastatic" bladder cancer.Stage 4 bladder cancer applies to bladder cancer that...
- How Is Bladder Cancer Diagnosed?
In case you have symptoms of bladder cancer such as the presence of blood in the urine, you should see your doctor immediately. Your doctor will use many tests to possibly diagnose a bladder cancer and will also find out how far it has spread. Sometimes, bladder cancer may have spread to other parts...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- Radiation Therapy vs Chemotherapy
Radiation TherapyIn this method, the doctors will use gamma rays, x-rays, and charged particles that will be directed at, implanted, or introduced directly into the blood stream. In this form of treatment, you will find the three types of therapy that will all be described according to way they...
- What Are the Risks of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses radiation to destroy the tumor. During the treatment, forms of radiation such as gamma rays or x-rays are used. It is one of the most employed means of treating cancer due to its effectiveness. In the treatment of cancer, it can be used as...
- Sophia Edwards Bennett MD, PH.D4708 OLEANDER DR MYRTLE BEACH SC 29577
- Dr. Gordon Guo M.D.535 Barnhill Drive Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Jay L. Bosworth M.D.990 Stewart Ave Garden City NY 11530
- Dr. Steven Robert Isaacson M.D.622 W 168th St New York NY 10032
- Dr. Randy E Stevens MD2 Longview Avenue White Plains NY 10601
- Dr. Margaret Torrey M.D.111 N Highland Ave Nyack NY 10960