Dr. James Kenneth Lanz MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease5200 Centre Ave Suite 203 Pittsburgh PA, 15232
Dr. James Lanz practices Pulmonology in Pittsburgh, PA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Lanz manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
University of Pittsburgh / Main Campus 1985
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1985
- Duke University Hospital
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Program
Dr. James Kenneth Lanz MD's Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15232Get Direction
Dr. James Kenneth Lanz MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lanz
- What Is Cytomegalovirus?
What is cytomegalovirus?Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a member of the herpes virus family. Others viruses that belong to the same family are:...
- Helping a Child with Cystic Fibrosis Find Hope
Cystic fibrosis is a serious and debilitating illness that is lifelong, affecting people often from infancy. What some people may not realize is how difficult it may be for children to understand what is happening to their body.Most small children with the disease have gone through more difficult...
- Antibiotics for Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis damages the lungs, digestive system, and other organs in the body. It affects the cells producing mucus, sweat, and digestive juices. It is caused due to defect in a gene. This gene changes a protein responsible for movement of salts in and out of cells. As a result, thick, sticky...
- How Does Rheumatoid Arthritis Affect the Lungs?
An autoimmune disorder, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) presents as chronic pain and inflammation in the joints. Joint damage usually occurs on both sides of the body, meaning that if a joint in an arm or leg is affected, the same joint in the other arm or leg will likely be affected as well. ...
- How Is Bronchitis Differentiated from Other Chest Infections?
Bronchial tubes are the airways through which air travels and reaches the lungs. The inflammation of these bronchial tubes is called bronchitis. The inflammation is more often caused by a viral infection, smoke, dust, or other irritants.Bronchitis may be due to a chest infection, inflammation of...
- Athlete with Cystic Fibrosis and Diabetes Goes Against All Odds
The pass went way off course, and the hockey puck went flying down the street. James Cameron and another boy went sprinting after it, determined to reach it first. Hockey sticks in hand, they raced to chase down the puck. Breathing heavily, they reached it at the same time and began to struggle for...
- Dr. Mark Lega MD100 S JACKSON AVE PITTSBURGH PA 15202
- Dr. Joseph M Pilewski MD3601 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Juanbosco Ayala M.D.563 Oaklynn Ct Pittsburgh PA 15220
- Dr. Bryan Veynovich DO490 E North Ave Pittsburgh PA 15212
- Mr. Mark Anthony Provenzano MD9104 Babcock Blvd Pittsburgh PA 15237
- Mr. Thomas Lee Schauble MD9104 Babcock Blvd Pittsburgh PA 15237