Dr. Miriam Levson is a speech language pathologist practicing in BALA CYNWYD, PA. Dr. Levson specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Levson evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Levson helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Miriam Levson's Practice location
BALA CYNWYD, PA 19004Get Direction
Miriam Levson's reviewsWrite Review
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Nell Johnson CCC-SLP/L4327 GARFIELD LN FEASTERVILLE TREVOSE PA 19053
- Alison Schaefer MA CCC-SLP231 LUCAS LN APT 11 VOORHEES NJ 08043
- Zoe Argyres Hunter M.S.-CCC/SLP213 E FIEDLER RD AMBLER PA 19002
- Ms. Linda Karen Santoli MS CCC SLP4316 MANAYUNK AVE PHILADELPHIA PA 19128
- Mrs. Christine Leonard SLP2250 HICKORY RD STE 240 PLYMOUTH MEETING PA 19462
- Amy Elizabeth Aviles M.A. CCC-SLP425 KINGS HWY E HADDONFIELD NJ 08033