Dr. Mahfouz El shahawy is a cardiologist practicing in Sarasota, FL. Dr. El shahawy specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. El shahawy also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ Wien- Med Fak- Wien- Austria (- / To /) 1962
UNIVERSITY OF VIENNA
Medizinische Universit‰t Wien 1962
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- Med Coll Of Ga Hosp & Cli, Cardiovascular Diseases; Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Internal Medicine; Flushing Hosp Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Flushing Hospital Medical Center Program
Dr. Mahfouz El shahawy MD's Practice location
Sarasota, FL 34239Get Direction
Sarasota, FL 34239Get Direction
Dr. Mahfouz El shahawy MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Triggers of Atrial Fibrillation?
What are the Triggers of Atrial Fibrillation?Atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) is a condition that affects the upper chambers of the heart, also known as the atria.In a healthy human heart, the electrical impulses pass through the atria through a contraction to the ventricles and fibers to complete a...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- What are the Stages of Congestive Heart Failure?
Once a heart failure is diagnosed, it is evaluated. To commence the proper evaluation of heart failure, it is essential to share a complete and accurate history of what you are experiencing and what you have experienced so far with your doctor. Providing a complete and accurate history of your...
- What Can Too Much Sodium Do to My Body?
A recent CDC report shows that many of restaurants and grocery stores have food that contain extremely high levels of sodium in its product. Breads and rolls were noted to be the most important culprits among these. Some of the foods that contribute to almost 44% of the sodium content that we...
- Are Statins Right for Me?
What is Statins?Statins are drugs prescribed by a doctor to lower cholesterol in the blood. Elevated amounts of cholesterol in blood may result in life-threatening conditions, like heart attacks and strokes. This type of drug is normally prescribed based on cholesterol levels after a blood test....
- Long Commutes May Lead to Poor Health
A study published in, American Journal of Preventive Medicine, shows that people who commute long distances to work tend to have poor health. People who traveled more than 15 miles a day were more likely to be obese and had more belly fat, when compared to people who traveled less than 5 miles to...
- Dr. Jacqueline A Bik MD1533 4th Ave W Bradenton FL 34205
- Dr. I Lisa Chmielewski M.D.1921 Waldemere Street Sarasota FL 34239
- Dr. George T. Abernathy M.D.540 The Rialto Venice FL 34285
- Dr. Michael Mumma M.D.1540 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota FL 34239
- Dr. Bruce R Lipskind M.D.316 Manatee Ave W Bradenton FL 34205
- Dr. Yemuna E. Satya M.D.3231 Gulf Gate Dr Sarasota FL 34231