Dr. Charles M Leys MD
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery705 Riley Hospital Dr Suite 2500 Indianapolis IN, 46202
Dr. Charles Leys practices Pediatric Surgery in Indianapolis, IN. Dr. Leys treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Leysdiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
- Elective intestinal operations in infants and children without mechanical bowel preparation: a pilot study.
- Liver transplantation for childhood hepatic malignancy: a review of the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) database.
- Laparoscopic removal of a gastric trichobezoar in a pediatric patient.
- Predictors of ovarian malignancy in children: overcoming clinical barriers of ovarian preservation.
- Postoperative opioid analgesic use after Nuss versus Ravitch pectus excavatum repair.
- Management of neonatal ovarian cysts and its effect on ovarian preservation.
- Computed tomography-related radiation exposure in children transferred to a Level I pediatric trauma center.
- A Single Institution Review of Initial Application of a 5-mm Stapler.
- A genetic screen for temperature-sensitive cell-division mutants of Caenorhabditis elegans.
- Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Charles M Leys MD's Practice location
Indianapolis, IN 46202Get Direction
MADISON, WI 53792Get Direction
Indianapolis, IN 46202Get Direction
Dr. Charles M Leys MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Leys
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Dr. Alan P Ladd MD1701 Senate Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Nathan Michael Novotny M.D.545 Barnhill Dr Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Scott A Engum MD1701 Senate Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Robert C Burns MD705 RILEY HOSPITAL DR INDIANAPOLIS IN 46202
- Dr. John W Brown MD1701 Senate Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Mark Rodefeld MD1701 Senate Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202