Dr. Nikolaus Gravenstein is an anesthesiologist practicing in Gainesville, FL. Dr. Gravenstein ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Gravenstein also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Fl Coll of Med, Gainesville Fl 1980
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Anesthesiology; Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Nikolaus Gravenstein MD's Practice location
Dr. Nikolaus Gravenstein MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gravenstein
- What Is Trichotillomania: Causes and Symptoms
IntroductionTrichotillomania is also known as the hair-pulling disorder. It is categorized as a mental disorder, wherein there is an involvement of an irresistible as well as a recurrent urge to pull out the hair from the scalp, eyebrows, and other parts of the body with hair.The urge to pull one's...
- Is Gastric Bypass Effective for Weight Loss?
A new study that was published in the journal, Archives of Surgery, shows that gastric banding may not be as effective as gastric bypass surgery in regards to weight loss. Gastric banding is considered to be safer and simpler than gastric bypass surgery, and many overweight and obese people are...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. Neil James Ellis M.D.1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Albrecht Wobst MD7050 Gall Blvd. Zephyrhills Florida 33541
- Dr. John L. Chen D.O.6969 Brockton Avenue Riverside California 92506
- Dr. William N. Allen MD6500 West Newberry Road Gainesville Florida 32605
- Dr. Mary A. Herman M.D.1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Tammy Y Euliano MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610