Dr. Jo ann Powell PH.D.
Psychologist | Counseling9217 Park West Blvd Suite D-1 Knoxville TN, 37923
Jo ann Powell is a psychologist practicing in Knoxville, TN. Jo ann specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Jo ann evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Jo ann because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Jo ann Powell PH.D.'s Practice location
Knoxville, TN 37923Get Direction
Dr. Jo ann Powell PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Powell
- The Effects of Sigmund Freud’s Theories to the Modern World
On May 6, 1856, Sigmund Freud was born in the Czech Republic, which was formerly known as Freiberg. Freud came up with the method of psychoanalysis, which is used by modern day psychoanalysts to understand unconscious conflicts after getting some revelation from what their patients desired and...
- Explaining Autism to Friends and Family
After diagnosis comes an even more difficult task of having to break the news to friends and family. This is made more difficult by the fact that you and your spouse may not have fully come to terms with your child’s diagnosis. All the same, this is one of those things you will have to do sooner...
- Trios Foundation Gives Six-Year-Old with Autism Gift of Communication
In Kennewick, Washington, the Trios Foundation has recently reached out to a young nonverbal boy with autism spectrum disorder in order to help him communicate. His family is seeing tremendous improvement already, and the Foundation is continuing to raise money to benefit others as well.Leo's new...
- Founder of The Miracle Project Discusses Autism and the Arts
Elaine couldn't have been more proud when she discovered that one of her long-time students was going to be a guest star on the hit TV show, The Good Doctor. For anyone mentor, it's a wonderful feeling to see students succeed in life - and land something as big as an ABC hit series. What's even more...
- What Does Trypophobia Do to the Brain?
Trypophobia is a term that was created way back to refer to a certain kind of phobia. It is not an official name and you can’t even find it in the official list of phobias. However, the kind of phobia that this term is used to refer to is as real and as natural as it gets. That should explain why...
- What Is the Difference Between Depression and Anxiety?
Understanding the difference between depression and anxiety is not an easy task, as mental health conditions are far more complicated. The most common mental illnesses are depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder. It is common for these three types of mental illnesses to occur in combination....
- Dr. Christy Sorrell PH.D.339 High St Maryville TN 37804
- Thomas Torkelson M.A.201 W Springdale Ave Knoxville TN 37917
- Frances Lee Palin PHD2018 Western Ave Knoxville TN 37921
- Dr. Dianne Jeannine Lemieux PHD1512 Coleman Rd Knoxville TN 37909
- Dr. H abraham Brietstein LIC4006 Sutherland Avenue Knoxville TN 37919
- Dr. Elizabeth Anne Mckee PH.D.305 Westfield Dr Knoxville TN 37919