Dr. John Charles practices Emergency Medicine in Myrtle Beach, SC. Dr. Charles assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Charles examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Georgetown Univ Hosp, Emergency Medicine; Nat'L Naval Med Ctr, Psychiatry
- Georgetown U/Geo Wash University 1984
Dr. John Charles M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. John Charles M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Charles
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. James Scott Goudie M.D.103 Garland St Everett MA 02149
- Dr. Allen E Smolenski MD300 Singleton Ridge Rd Conway SC 29526
- Dr. Thomas J Martel M.D.809 82nd Pkwy Myrtle Beach SC 29572
- Dr. Richard Grant Highstead MD809 82nd Pkwy Myrtle Beach SC 29572
- Dr. Mark S Jeanjaquet MD300 Singleton Ridge Rd Conway SC 29526
- Dr. Scott Anthony Coradi D.O.809 82nd Pkwy Myrtle Beach SC 29572