Dr. Ellen Andrews practices Neuropathology in Pinehurst, NC. Dr. Andrews studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Vt Coll of Med, Burlington Vt 1975
University of Vermont College of Medicine 1975
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Mass Gen Hosp, Psychiatry; Maine Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Bowman Gray 1976
Dr. Ellen Andrews M.D.'s Practice location
Pinehurst, NC 28374Get Direction
Dr. Ellen Andrews M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Link Between Concussions and Multiple Sclerosis
In today’s world, we are told that ‘if an individual has experienced a severe jolt or blow to the head, which has left them dazed, confused, or wobbly - they have concussion”. (Medical News Today: MNT)According to Christian Nordqvist, a writer for MNT, a concussion causes a temporary loss of...
- Second Opinions for Multiple Sclerosis: When Are They Advisable?
The decision of whether or not to seek out a second opinion during medical procedures or diagnoses is often uncertain, and many struggle to understand when or how to get one. It is important to follow these guidelines for attaining expertise from an multiple sclerosis specialist, while still...
- Behavioral Approach Can Help Eliminate Cognitive Fatigue in Multiple Sclerosis, Study Shows
There has been research regarding reducing cognitive fatigue in people with MS via a non-drug approach (Dobryakova, PhD, Angela Spirou, MS, Nancy Chiaravalloti, PhD, et al). This new research shows that activating the brain's reward system may help relieve cognitive fatigue associated with MS.Dr....
- Pakistani Student Creates Stick to Aid Parkinson's Patients
One of the most serious neurodegenerative disorder of the brain is the Parkinson’s Disease (PD). The disorder is characterized by the brain producing less and less dopamine, which is responsible for regulating body movements and emotions. When more than 60% of the dopamine production is...
- Vitamin D May Help Improve Balance in Younger Parkinson's Patients
Can vitamin D help your Parkinson’s balance symptoms subside? It is highly possible. Vitamin D is a natural, anti-inflammatory that is consumable. You can lower the amount of C-reactive protein or the protein that is responsible for most types of inflammation by supplementing your diet with...
- Comparisons Between Duchenne and Becker Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disease caused by abnormal levels of dystrophin in the body, a protein necessary for maintaining muscle integrity for movement and for heart functions. It is characterized by progressive muscle atrophy and is also linked to a heart condition called cardiomyopathy. ...
- Mrs. Misty L Sinclair MD1 Page Rd Pinehurst NC 28374
- Dr. Bruce S Solomon D.O.1 Page Rd Pinehurst NC 28374
- Nicole Odom M.D.Ten Page Dr Pinehurst NC 28374
- Dr. Sarah Uffindell M.D.11370 Anderson St Loma Linda CA 92354
- Dr. Jonathan M Richman MD1 Page Rd Pinehurst NC 28374
- Dr. Steven Charles Lewis MD155 Memorial Dr Pinehurst NC 28374