Dr. Jennifer Svahn is a general surgeon practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Svahn specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Svahn provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons 1991
- Varicose Veins
- Venous Insufficiency
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (dvt)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
- New York University Medical Center-Tisch Hospital 1992
Dr. Jennifer Svahn MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10003Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Jennifer Svahn MD | Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Jennifer Svahn MD's reviewsWrite Review
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Scapula and Winged Scapula: Anatomy, Function, Injuries, and Defects
Anatomy of the ScapulaThe scapula is a triangular flat bone, which is also known as the shoulder blade. It lies in the upper back between the second and eighth rib. It connects the upper limb to the trunk and articulates with the humerus or upper arm bone. The articulation takes place at the...
- Reasons Why You Need a Gallbladder Surgery
The gallbladder is found under the liver on the right side of the abdomen. It has the shape of a pear and looks like a small sac. Your liver produces a fluid used during digestion known as bile. The gallbladder stores bile before releasing it into the small intestine. If the gallbladder is infected...
- Abdominal Pain: Is It Appendicitis?
The abdomen is the part of your body below your chest and above the pelvic region, and any pain in this area is referred to as abdominal pain. Almost everybody would have experienced pain in the abdomen one time or another. Most causes are harmless and can be diagnosed and treated easily. However,...
- Appendectomy Aftercare
What is an Appendectomy?The appendix is a pouch-like organ situated in the lower right abdomen in the first part of the large intestine. The importance or function that is carried out by this structure is not very clear, hence it is referred to as a "vestigial structure". When the appendix causes...
- Reasons Why You May Need Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is an operation that is used to remove hydrocele from an individual. The term hydrocele refers to the accumulation of serum fluid around the testicle. This fluid is secreted by a pouch of serous membrane that lines the testicles called tunica vaginalis.Hydrocele that occurs to infants...
- Dr. Charles C. Guidry Jr D.O.150 55th Street Brooklyn NY 11220
- Dr. Matthew E Spotnitz M.D.111 E 210th St Bronx NY 10467
- Dr. David Shokrian MD9 Sinclair Dr Great Neck NY 11024
- Dr. Sharon R. Zisman M.D.65 East 95 Street New York NY 10128
- Dr. Franklyn Vazquez MD716 Broad St Clifton New Jersey 07013
- Dr. Robert Arthur Aldoroty M.D.1974 1st Avenue New York NY 10029