Dr. Smita Patel is an anesthesiologist practicing in Dayton, OH. Dr. Patel ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Patel also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Gujarat Adani Institute of Medical Sciences
BYRAMJEE JEEJEEBHOY MEDICAL COLLEGE (BJ MED COLL) 1969
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Univ Of Louisville Hosp, Anesthesiology; St Elizabeth Hlth Ctr, Anesthesiology; Trumbull Mem Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Smita V. Patel MD's Practice location
Dayton, OH 45404Get Direction
Dr. Smita V. Patel MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- When Should You See a Pulmonologist?
OverviewPulmonology is a subspecialty of internal medicine that focuses on respiratory health. The specialist called in this area of medicine is called a pulmonologist. Pulmonologists are specialists who diagnose and treat different conditions that are associated with the respiratory system of...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Asma Qureshi M.D.1 Wyoming St Dayton OH 45409
- Dr. Steven McCornack D.O.5818 Wilmington Pike Centerville Ohio 45459
- Dr. Nirmala Rose Abraham MD4000 Miamisburg Centerville Rd Miamisburg OH 45342
- Dr. Juvy M Khouzam MD1 Wyoming St Dayton OH 45409
- Dr. Craig T Henry DO405 Grand Ave Dayton OH 45405
- Dr. Matthew Kramer MD1 Wyoming St Dayton OH 45409