Dr. Amilcar Morales is a hepatologist practicing in Bethesda, MD. Dr. Morales specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Dr. Amilcar Luis Morales M.D.'s Practice location
Bethesda, MD 20889Get Direction
FORT SAM HOUSTON, TX 78234Get Direction
Dr. Amilcar Luis Morales M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- The Signs and Symptoms of Hepatitis A
Hepatitis A is a virus or infection which leads to liver disease or inflammation of the liver.Generally, the symptoms of Hepatitis A, also known as HAV develop after four weeks upon being infected. Not everyone will experience the symptoms, especially children. Look at your GP if you think that you...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cancer?
Liver cancer is a condition that is characterized by the abnormal or cancerous growth of liver cells. Liver cells are also called as hepatocytes. Hence, liver cancer can also be called as hepatocellular cancer. Although other cell types can become cancerous, the most common cause of liver cancer is...
- Can Liver Diseases Lead to Liver Cancer?
What is a liver disease?Liver disease refers to medical complications that cause the liver to be damaged, making it unable to perform its functions properly. The liver is among the most valuable and life-sustaining organs in the body. The reason is that it carries out many important functions that...
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- What Are the Risk Factors for Liver Cancer?
A liver cancer risk factor is something that increases your chances of getting liver cancer. Different types of cancer have different risk factors. Some risk factors can be controlled such as smoking. On the other hand, age and family history cannot be changed, which means that some risk factors...
- Dr. Suresh Kumar Malhotra MD FACP4660 Kenmore Avenue Alexandria VA 22304
- Dr. Ronald J Barkin MD4660 Kenmore Avenue Alexandria VA 22304
- Dr. Averell Hirsch Sherker MD, FRCP(C)110 Irving St Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Nazia N Qazi M.DDc Va Medical Center 50 Irving St Nw Washington DC 20422
- Dr. Jay H Hoofnagle M.D.1 Center Dr Bethesda MD 20892
- Dr. Yaron Rotman M.D.10 Center Dr Bethesda MD 20892