Dr. Stuart Hohm is an anesthesiologist practicing in Springfield, IL. Dr. Hohm ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Hohm also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1991
University of Illinois College of Medicine 1991
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Critical Care Medicine
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Critical Care Medicine-Anesthesiology; Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Anesthesiology; Advocate Il Masonic Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics
Dr. Stuart Hohm M.D.'s Practice location
Springfield, IL 62769Get Direction
Dr. Stuart Hohm M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a group of conditions that leads to the impairment of the optic nerve that carries information from the eyes to the brain. It is a progressive condition, which, if not treated, may lead to complete loss of vision. The most common cause of this damage is the increase in the pressure...
- What Is Gastric Cancer: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Gastric cancer, also known as stomach cancer, begins when cancer cells form in the inner lining of the stomach. This disease does not show clear signs and symptoms until it enters the later stages. The cancer may spread from the stomach to essential parts like the liver, lungs, bones, and lymph...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Alan Peter Zaggy MD800 E CARPENTER ST SPRINGFIELD IL 62702
- Dr. Ramakrishna Madala M.D.800 East Carpenter Street Springfield IL 62769
- Dr. Jose G Figueroa M.D.800 East Carpenter Street Springfield IL 62769
- Dr. Robert Kojima M.D.800 East Carpenter Street Springfield IL 62769
- Dr. Mounir F Banoub MD800 E CARPENTER ST SPRINGFIELD IL 62702
- Dr. Erik K Kooba M.D.1025 S 6th St Springfield IL 62703