Dr. I-chow Joe Hsu M.D.
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology1600 Divisadero St San Francisco CA, 94115
Dr. I-Chow (Joe) Hsu is a radiation oncologist with special expertise in brachytherapy, a form of radiotherapy where a radioactive source is placed inside or next to the area requiring treatment such ...
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- A comparison between tandem and ovoids and interstitial gynecologic template brachytherapy dosimetry using a hypothetical computer model.
- Analysis of interaction between number of implant catheters and dose-volume histograms in prostate high- dose-rate brachytherapy using a computer model.
- Managing nasopharyngeal carcinoma with intracavitary brachytherapy: one institution's 45-year experience.
- Simulating needle insertion and radioactive seed implantation for prostate brachytherapy.
- Dose uncertainty due to computed tomography (CT) slice thickness in CT-based high dose rate brachytherapy of the prostate cancer.
- Comparison of inverse planning simulated annealing and geometrical optimization for prostate high-dose-rate brachytherapy.
- Optimization of dose distribution for HDR brachytherapy of the prostate using Attraction-Repulsion Model.
- Expandable and rigid endorectal coils for prostate MRI: impact on prostate distortion and rigid image registration.
- Registration of MR prostate images with biomechanical modeling and nonlinear parameter estimation.
- Optimization of HDR brachytherapy dose distributions using linear programming with penalty costs.
- Polarization gating in ultrafast-optics imaging of skeletal muscle tissues.
- Class solution in inverse planned HDR prostate brachytherapy for dose escalation of DIL defined by combined MRI/MRSI.
- Measurement of craniocaudal catheter displacement between fractions in computed tomography-based high dose rate brachytherapy of prostate cancer.
- Sensorless motion planning for medical needle insertion in deformable tissues.
- Endocervical ultrasound applicator for integrated hyperthermia and HDR brachytherapy in the treatment of locally advanced cervical carcinoma.
- Columbia Presby Med Center 1992
- Columbia-Presbyterian Medical, Radiation Oncology 1995
Dr. I-chow Joe Hsu M.D.'s Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94115Get Direction
Dr. I-chow Joe Hsu M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hsu
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
IntroductionLike any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- Alternative Treatment for Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer has become a common disease in men, especially those aged from 50 years and above. Having prostate cancer comes with its own effects that no one wants to be part of. Various symptoms accompany an affected prostate gland. Such symptoms may include pain when urinating, high frequency...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Cervical Cancer Defined
The cervix connects the uterus and vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus while an ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases of cervical cancer begin in the cell at the transformation zone. This zone is where the two main types of cells in the cervix...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Dr. Barbara L. Fowble M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Tania Betty Kaprealian MD200 Medical Plz Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Jean L. Nakamura M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Naomi R. Schechter M.D.1600 Divisadero Ave Rm H1031 San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Sue Sun Yom M.D., PH.D.1600 Divisadero Street San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Francine Erna Halberg MD1350 S Eliseo Dr Greenbrae CA 94904