Dr. Melissa Layton is a speech language pathologist practicing in FRANKLIN, TN. Dr. Layton specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Layton evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Layton helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Melissa Layton SLP-CCC's Practice location
FRANKLIN, TN 37064Get Direction
Melissa Layton SLP-CCC's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Mrs. Laura Therese Nabours MA CCCSLP300 STONECREST BLVD SUITE 375 SMYRNA TN 37167
- John Vallesillo SLP-CCC2601 BRANSFORD AVE NASHVILLE TN 37204
- Anna Carpenter Soph MCDCCCSLP211 COOL SPRINGS BLVD FRANKLIN TN 37067
- Christine D Armes1821 CYNTHIANA LN FRANKLIN TN 37067
- Valarie Rogers300 STONECREST BLVD SMYRNA TN 37167
- Helen Jahangir SP508 AUTUMN SPRINGS CT FRANKLIN TN 37067