Dr. Theodore J Standiford MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease1500 East Medical Center Dr 3rd Floor Taubman Ct Ann Arbor MI, 48109
Dr. Theodore Standiford practices Pulmonology in Ann Arbor, MI. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Standiford manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1984
Wayne State University School of Medicine 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- Intrapulmonary tumor necrosis factor gene therapy increases bacterial clearance and survival in murine gram-negative pneumonia.
- Role of alveolar epithelial cell intercellular adhesion molecule-1 in host defense against Klebsiella pneumoniae.
- On the physiological role(s) of the paraoxonases.
- Chemokines in lung injury: Thomas A. Neff Lecture.
- Role of cytokines in pulmonary antimicrobial host defense.
- CXC chemokine receptor-2 ligands are necessary components of neutrophil-mediated host defense in invasive pulmonary aspergillosis.
- Bacterial clearance and survival are dependent on CXC chemokine receptor-2 ligands in a murine model of pulmonary Nocardia asteroides infection.
- Chronic airway hyperreactivity, goblet cell hyperplasia, and peribronchial fibrosis during allergic airway disease induced by Aspergillus fumigatus.
- Cytokines as targets of immunotherapy in bacterial pneumonia.
- Anti-inflammatory cytokines and cytokine antagonists.
- CXC chemokine receptor CXCR2 is essential for protective innate host response in murine Pseudomonas aeruginosa pneumonia.
- Macrophage inflammatory protein-1 alpha is a critical mediator of host defense against invasive pulmonary aspergillosis in neutropenic hosts.
- Urokinase receptor-deficient mice have impaired neutrophil recruitment in response to pulmonary Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection.
- Enhanced pulmonary allergic responses to Aspergillus in CCR2-/- mice.
- Gamma delta-T cells are critical for survival and early proinflammatory cytokine gene expression during murine Klebsiella pneumonia.
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Critical Care Medicine-Internal Medicine; Univ Of Mn Affil Hosps, Internal Medicine
Dr. Theodore J Standiford MD's Practice location
Ann Arbor, MI 48109Get Direction
Dr. Theodore J Standiford MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Standiford
- Facts About Asthma That You Should Know
Breathe in and breathe out. Isn't it one of the simplest things to do in life? But when you see your loved ones, especially your children, wheezing, it can really make you anxious and stressed. One of the most traumatizing diseases that can leave one struggling for something as basic as oxygen is...
- How Is Bronchitis Treated?
Bronchitis is an inflammation of the bronchi, usually resulting from a viral infection. Bronchitis can be either acute or chronic. Allergic bronchitis is also common among people who have allergies. Bronchitis is more common during the winter season when common cold and flu infect people in the...
- Skiers Conquer the Entire River Murray for Cystic Fibrosis
Although there is currently no cure for cystic fibrosis, people from all around the world are determined to change this. Organizations committed to raising funds and awareness on CF continuously work hard all year round to:...
- Prenatal Testing and Diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is an inherited disease that is caused by a defect in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene. The CFTR protein is responsible for controlling the transportation of salt in and out of cells. Any mutations in the CFTR gene can cause an imbalance in the...
- Woman with Cystic Fibrosis Celebrates 40th Birthday with 40 Acts of Kindness
One woman is making it her mission to spread kindness--among anger, hope among fear, and love among hate. Kelly Asbell is that woman.Spending too many years in fearWednesday, March 21, 2018, was Kelly Asbell’s 40th birthday, a date she never imagined seeing. At age ten, Kelly was diagnosed with...
- Is it Lung Cancer or COPD?
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer are two ends of the same spectrum. Though vastly different in core characteristics, they share many symptoms such as painful wheezing, a persistent cough, and the production of copious mucus. Both these diseases have similar causes and...
- Dr. Michael Nagtalon Gamiao MD14555 Levan Rd Livonia MI 48154
- Dr. Najia Huda M.D34815 W. Michigan Ave Wayne MI 48184
- Dr. Thomas R Gravelyn M.D.5333 Mcauley Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197
- Dr. Steven Eldon Gay MD1500 East Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Cyril M Grum MD1500 East Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. William F Patton M.D.5333 Mcauley Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197