Dr. Emily Robbins is a speech language pathologist practicing in LOUISVILLE, KY. Dr. Robbins specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Robbins evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Robbins helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Emily K Robbins's Practice location
LOUISVILLE, KY 40203 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Emily K Robbins | Speech-Language Pathologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Emily K Robbins's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
Nearby Speech-Language Pathologists
- Norah Garrity M.S. CCC-SLP 2927 S Fish Hatchery Rd Burnet TX 78611
- Sarah Spencer SLP 2927 S Fish Hatchery Rd Burnet TX 78611
- Rebecca Owens CCC-SLP 4707 HUNTERS POINT CIR LOUISVILLE KY 40216
- Mary K. Clift MS CCC-SLP 4409 CREEKCROSSING DR LOUISVILLE KY 40241
- Nancy B. Ohlmann M.A., CCC-SLP 8014 VINE CREST AVE LOUISVILLE KY 40222
- Ms. Christina Lynne Chesnut M.S., CCC-SLP 9810 BLUEGRASS PKWY LOUISVILLE KY 40299