Dr. Victor Groisser is a gastroenterologist practicing in West Orange, NJ. Dr. Groisser specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Groisser performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
MD at SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1952
American Board of Internal Medicine- Gastroenterology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- The hematologic response to adrenalin.
- Atropine poisoning: report of two cases.
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura with a positive Coombs' reaction.
- Pseudomembranous enterocolitis due to staphylococcal infection and intestinal obstruction.
- Serum proteolytic enzyme activity in pancreatic disease.
- The effect of heparin on the arginine (BAEE) esterase activity of blood.
- Management of uncomplicated peptic ulcer.
- Abnormal small-bowel x-ray patterns associated with active duodenal ulcer.
- WHIPPLE'S DISEASE. REPORT OF A CASE IN A NEGRO MAN FOLLOWED BY SERIAL BIOPSIES OF THE SMALL INTESTINE.
- A NEW ROTATING CAMERA-SCOPE BRACKET FOR CINEFIBEROSCOPY.
- UTILITY OF CELLS EXFOLIATED ONTO THE ESOPHAGOSCOPE AS AN AID IN THE DIAGNOSIS OF ESOPHAGEAL CARCINOMA.
- ADVANCES IN THE DIAGNOSIS OF GASTRIC LESIONS: FIBERGASTROSCOPY AND CINEFIBERGASTROSCOPY.
- An illuminating case of foreign body in the peritoneal cavity.
- Positional relief of pain. Important clue to clinical diagnosis of carcinoma of the pancreas.
- YAG laser therapy for gastrointestinal hemorrhage.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local and Regional Public Speaking -
- Lectures and Teaching -
- Instructor in Medicine at Seton Hall University School of Medicine -
- Clinical Professor of Medicine at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School -
- Phi Beta Kappa Society
- First Doctor in the United States to Introduce Yag Laser Treatment
- Distinguished Service Award- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation
- Master of American College of Gastroenterology
- Mount Sinai Hospital Internal Medicine
- Cornell Gastroenterology Practice Gastroenterology
- Maimonides Medical Center
- Cornell Gastroenterology Group
Professional Society Memberships
- Founder of the New York Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy; New Jersey Gastroenterological Society; American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, American College of Gastroenterology (former Governor for NJ and on Board of Trustees) , The Academy of Medicine of New Jersey
Articles and Publications
- Over 50 articles published in medical journals and contributed a chapter in a gastroenterology textbook and has been a reviewer for The American Journal of Gastroenterology.
What do you attribute your success to?
- His mother who taught him to always be the best he could be and his love for his patients and his wife, Carrie.
- Served as a New Jersey gastroenterology representative for the Medicare Advisory Boards for 30+ years, as well as Governor for New Jersey for the American College of Gastroenterology and on their Board of Trustees.
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, spending time with family, 3 children and 4 grandchildren
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association, Annals of Internal Medicine, The American Journal of Gastroenterology.
Dr. Victor W. Groisser, M.D., FACP, MACG's Practice location
West Orange, NJ 7052Get Direction
, NJ 07052Get Direction
West Caldwell, NJ 07006Get Direction
MONTCLAIR, NJ 07042Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Victor W. Groisser, M.D., FACP, MACG | Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Victor W. Groisser, M.D., FACP, MACG's reviewsWrite Review
- Does Celiac Disease Impact Hair Growth?
As celiac disease (CD) continues to be a hot topic, more people are becoming to understand its many symptoms. Everyone knows that CD can cause gastrointestinal problems, headaches, skin issues, and weight loss. But, with all the ‘common’ and well-known symptoms, there is also a few not-so-well...
- What Are Treatment Options for the Stomach Flu?
What is the stomach flu?The stomach flu, as the name indicates, is not related to the respiratory disease influenza. It is the common name for gastroenteritis, a condition characterized by irritation and inflammation of the gut. This disease spreads through contaminated food and water, and is caused...
- What Is Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is marked by a bulge in the groin or abdomen, which occurs when an organ protrudes through the muscle opening that keeps it in place. Hernias are a very common problem and can occur in men or women of all ages.For instance, in the case of an incisional hernia, the intestines may protrude...
- How This Boy with Crohn's Disease Helps Other Sick Children
“No matter what happens, I’m going to get through it. Just to focus on the good things that’s going to happen," said Jakob Zernick, an eleven-year-old 6th grader at Central Cambria Middle School in Ebensburg, Pennsylvania. This is a pretty profound statement for anyone to make but it’s an...
- How Does Coffee Affect Your Health?
Coffee is often a common remedy for hangovers, all-nighters, and drowsiness. Many people believe that coffee is does not benefit an individual's health, and one should avoid drinking it frequently. Yet, most studies reveal that the benefits outweigh the risks for individual's that consume coffee...
- General Facts About Hemorrhoids
What are hemorrhoids and what causes them?Hemorrhoids are lumps that occur in the rectum or the anus, formed by the swelling of blood vessels in the region. It can occur in the lower rectum and around the anus. The cause of the swollen blood vessels is by a strain due to the pressure and individual...
- Dr. Daniel Megna MD360 Edison Street Staten Island New York 10306
- Dr. Jerome H. Siegel MD60 East End Avenue New York NY 10028
- Dr. Hormoz Mohtashemi MD516 HAMBURG TPKE WAYNE NJ 07470
- Rupa K. Sharma M.D.232 E 30h St New York New York 10016
- Dr. Democleia Panagou Gottesman MD415 Ocean View Ave Brooklyn NY 11235
- Anaka Prakash534 Avenue East Bayonne New Jersey 07002