Dr. Nahal Kaivan is a psychologist practicing in DURHAM, NC. Dr. Kaivan specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Kaivan evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Kaivan because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Nahal Crystal Kaivan PHD's Practice location
DURHAM, NC 27705Get Direction
Dr. Nahal Crystal Kaivan PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- Can I Prepare for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Trying out cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a decision one can make for himself, but you can get recommendations from someone or from your doctor. Getting started...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Bulimia?
Bulimia is an eating disorder that causes an individual to consume large amounts of food within a small period of time. After the binge is over, the individual purges to get rid of the unhealthy amount of food he or she consumed. Some methods that an individual may opt for to compensate for the...
- Meditate to Concentrate: The Science Behind Meditation
The science behind meditationPeople who meditate use their brain in such a way that it helps them avoid distraction and concentrate on the their task, says a new study. People who meditate regularly have less activity in that part of the brain associated with distractions and day dreaming....
- What is an Eating Disorder?
Eating disorders are mental disorders that affect an individual's eating pattern, habits, and diet. The most common types of eating disorders are bulimia, anorexia, and binge-eating disorder, all of which affect the diet habits of a person considerably. These conditions are often characterized by...
- What Is Munchausen Syndrome?
IntroductionThe Munchausen syndrome is regarded as a factitious disorder. It is a type of mental disorder, wherein people pretend to have certain physical or psychological symptoms in them. People who are between the ages 20-40 years old are more prone to developing the disorder. Men who have few...
- Social Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Treatments and More
Social Anxiety Disorder, also known as social phobia, is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person feels excessively fearful of social situations. A person suffering from this disorder lack social skills and has trouble meeting new people, talking to people, and attending social gatherings. They...
- Dr. Vanessa Handsel Roddenberry PH.D.8303 Six Forks Rd Raleigh NC 27615
- Dr. Jason Edward Bonner PH.D.3500 Bush Street Raleigh NC 27609
- Dr. Karen Dorothy Sullivan PH.D.101 Manning Dr Cb 7200 Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Karla L Thompson PHD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Jean Templeton PH.D104 Jones Ferry Rd Carrboro NC 27510
- Dr. James Byassee PH.D.18 W Colony Pl Durham NC 27705