Thomas Otten is an Addiction Medicine Physician in SIOUX FALLS, SD. Thomas evaluates patients using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Addiction Medicine Physicians provide medical care in addition to consultation for each patient and their families.
- Cognitive vulnerabilities, negative life events, and depressive symptoms in young adolescents.
- Brooding and reflection as explanatory of depressive symptoms in adolescents experiencing stressful life events.
- Screening for rumination and brooding may be a feasible method of identifying adolescents at high risk for depression.
- Stressful life events, worry, and rumination predict depressive and anxiety symptoms in young adolescents.
- Transition Planning for the College Bound Adolescent with a Mental Health Disorder.
- In Their Own Words: Rural Adolescent Stressors and Relationship to Depressive Symptoms.
- Closing in on Crisis: Informing Clinical Practice Regarding Nonsuicidal Self-Injury in Youth.
Thomas Otten LPC-MH's Practice location
SIOUX FALLS, SD 57108Get Direction
Thomas Otten LPC-MH's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Ways to Beat Procrastination: How to Get Away from It
What is procrastination?Do you find yourself putting things off too often and are always late for a meeting or any appointments? Do you identify yourself as someone who is unable to get properly organized? By now, you must have been aware that you are a procrastinator, who always tend to push things...
- Caring for a Loved One with CF
When someone that you love has cystic fibrosis, you want more than anything to help them through the difficult times. Simply being there for them is an important first step towards providing them with the support they need. Additionally, you will have to spend a few hours in the day incorporating...
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Children
There are a number of characteristics that separate children and adolescents from adults. However, the main difference between the two is the fact that adults are more in control of every aspect of their lives compared to children and adolescents.We do find it normal for a child to experience...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Can Porn Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
Introduction Erectile dysfunction is a man’s inability to maintain an erection during sexual activities. It may occasionally happen or may become a chronic or permanent problem. Erectile dysfunction may be due to the following psychological and physical causes:...
- How Prevalent Is Affluenza?
IntroductionInfluenza and affluence combine to form the word affluenza. Similar to how viruses infect their host, affluenza, being a social virus, infects millions of people around the world. It consumes the lives of people with the bold pursuit of materialism. It is predominantly an American...