Dr. Kathryn Huber-keener is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Huber-keener specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Huber-keener can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Huber-keener can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
- Inhibition of eEF-2 kinase sensitizes human glioma cells to TRAIL and down-regulates Bcl-xL expression.
- MK-2206, a novel allosteric inhibitor of Akt, synergizes with gefitinib against malignant glioma via modulating both autophagy and apoptosis.
- Dysfunction of nucleus accumbens-1 activates cellular senescence and inhibits tumor cell proliferation and oncogenesis.
- Phosphorylation of elongation factor-2 kinase differentially regulates the enzyme's stability under stress conditions.
- Differential gene expression in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer cells revealed by a new analytical model of RNA-Seq data.
- Integrated regulation of autophagy and apoptosis by EEF2K controls cellular fate and modulates the efficacy of curcumin and velcade against tumor cells.
Dr. Kathryn Joyce Huber-keener M.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
Dr. Kathryn Joyce Huber-keener M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Puerperal Sepsis?
Puerperal sepsis is a condition that develops when a new mother gets a birth-related infection. The safety and overall risk all throughout a woman's pregnancy are largely determined by a woman's place of residence and the quality of medical care she receives before, during, and after her pregnancy....
- Why We Can’t Treat All Ovarian Cancer the Same Way
Over the last three decades, ovarian cancer survival rates have seen very little improvement. The current five-year survival rate for ovarian cancer is 43%, a low percentage that is a result of the fact that this type of cancer is difficult to detect and often goes undiagnosed until it has reached...
- Water Breaking Before Labor: What You Need to Know
Pregnancy is a beautiful experience for all women; however, many precautions must be taken during the complete nine months that a mother carries their child. As a woman reaches her third trimester, it is important to be extra careful and look out for any signs of labor. The need for care only...
- Breastfeeding Led to Discovery of Breast Cancer. It Saved Her Life
Hillary Karels and her fiancé, Dahlton, began dating back in 2011 on New Year’s Eve. Seven months later, they learned that they were expected their first child. On July 2nd of 2013, Karels gave birth to a baby boy, which the couple named Jackson. Although they did not expect to become parents so...
- Certain Antiviral Medications May Be Safe to Take During Pregnancy
According to a report published in, Journal of the American Medical Association, certain antiviral medications during early pregnancy may not increase the child’s risk of major birth defects. Antiviral medications including acyclovir, valacyclovir, and famciclovir, are often prescribed for the...
- Serum Herpes Simplex Antibodies Test: Can It Help in the Diagnosis of Cold Sores?
What is the serum herpes simplex antibodies test?This test is used to diagnose the herpes simplex virus. It is an examination of the blood and it identifies the antibodies that fight against HSV. This herpes simplex virus is the leading cause of herpes. There are two different kinds of herpes: HSV-1...
- Dr. Hubert Fornalik MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Lori S. Wenzel M.D.2769 Heartland Dr Coralville IA 52241
- Dr. Christina E Broadwell M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Dana Jacob Messenger D.O.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Evan Rosenbluth M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Barbara L. Patrick M.D.2055 Oakdale Rd Coralville IA 52241