Dr. Lawrence Harms is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Harms specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Harms can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Harms can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1982
University of Nebraska College of Medicine 1982
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Univ Of Ky Hosp, Obstetrics And Gynecology; Penn St U Hp-M S Hershey Mc, Obstetrics And Gynecology
Dr. Lawrence L Harms MD's Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55429Get Direction
Dr. Lawrence L Harms MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Zika Virus Symptoms: What Is Zika Virus and Travel Recommendations
In 1947, the Zika virus was discovered and got its name from Uganda’s Zika Forest. The first human case of Zika was identified in 1952. Since then, outbreaks of the virus were reported in the Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, and Africa, although it was possible for Zika outbreaks to happen in...
- Laparoscopy and Ovarian Cyst Removal
What is an ovarian cyst?An ovarian cyst is a fluid-filled sac that mainly occurs on or inside the ovary. Ovarian cysts are very common but usually don’t show any symptoms. For this reason, they go undetected in most cases. These cysts occur naturally and eventually disappear after a few months.To...
- Are IUDs More Effective Than Oral Contraceptives?
According to experts, intrauterine devices (IUDs) are more effective than the morning after pills in contraception. A recent study has shown that morning after pills have a higher rate of failure, when compared to the coils, a small copper device that is placed in the womb by a trained nurse or...
- The Difference Between Gastric Bypass Surgery and Gastric Sleeve
Weight loss surgeries, which are also collectively referred to as bariatric surgery are done when dietary and exercise treatment plans fail to work. More often, patients undergo this kind of surgery if their health is at risk due to their heavy weight. A bariatric operation can be done to obese...
- What Is Female Circumcision?
What Is Female Circumcision?Female circumcision is a crude practice that involves cutting off of either the labia or the clitoris of young women. The practice is also referred to as female genital mutilation or female genital cutting.This is a practice that has existed for decades in some...
- 1 Week Pregnant
IntroductionWomen who are not planning a pregnancy may not realize they are pregnant on week one. Some may not even know it even after week two. The reason is that there are a lot of variables when it comes to women’s monthly cycles, so most women tend to assume that they only have a late...
- Dr. Patricia Young Kohls MD1737 Beam Ave Saint Paul MN 55109
- Dr. John E Savage M.D.310 Smith Ave N Saint Paul MN 55102
- Dr. Yasuko Yamamura MD420 Delaware St Se Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Karen L Hessel M.D.3366 Oakdale Ave N Minneapolis MN 55422
- Dr. Russell L Wavrin MD6545 France Ave S Minneapolis MN 55435
- Dr. Kathryn G Flory MD3366 Oakdale Ave N Minneapolis MN 55422