Dr. Stephen Greenstein practices Pulmonology in Streamwood, IL. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Greenstein manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences Medicine
- Biopsy, Bronchoscopy, Thoracentesis
- MemberAmerican College of Osteopathic Internists
- Member American Osteopathic Association, Life
- Detroit Osteopathic Hospital
Stephen Greenstein's Practice location
Stephen Greenstein's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Cystic Fibrosis?
Cystic fibrosis is a life-threatening, inherited disorder, which affects the secretory glands producing mucus and sweat. Fluids secreted by the glands are usually thin. In this disease, the secretions become thick and sticky and block all passageways and ducts, particularly of the lungs and...
- Pulse Oximeter Use for Patients with COPD
Pulse oximeters measure the pulse rate of an individual, which is usually marked by a small heart. This is the first number that appears while using a pulse oximeter. It also measures the proportion of oxygenated hemoglobin in the blood within pulsating vessels. This determines the level of oxygen...
- 32-year-old with Cystic Fibrosis Raises Millions for Research
32-year old Emily Kramer-Golinkoff has accomplished more in her life than most people can say. Though she was diagnosed with a life-long debilitating disease as an infant, she has refused to let the fate she was dealt with drag her down. This young woman is the founder of a non-profit called Emily's...
- Vlogger with Cystic Fibrosis Tells It Like It Is
Charles Michael Duke is a 22-year-old video blogger who blogs on YouTube about living with cystic fibrosis. He's always singing or joking about his life, and posts comedic videos about his experience living with cystic fibrosis.A talented musician and actor, Charles has even created his own song...
- Can Asthma Only Be Induced by Allergies?
Asthma describes the conditions and complications following the narrowing of bronchioles within lungs. This results in shortness of breath, coughing and a kind of loud wheezing accompanied by chest tightening.Although asthma can be cured, treated and managed with certain medications and natural...
- All About Croup
Croup is described as an infection of the upper respiratory tract, involving the trachea and larynx, which causes obstruction in breathing. The trachea and larynx connect the upper portion of the lungs to the mouth. Croup is characterized by a barking cough.Croup is very common in children. Those...
- Dr. Alexandre M. Furman MD17 Davis Boulevard Tampa Florida 33606
- Dr. Jay S Cowen MD800 W Central Rd Arlington Heights IL 60005
- Dr. Vasantha Samala M.D.700 E Ogden Ave Westmont IL 60559
- Dr. Daniel William Ray MD2650 Ridge Ave Evanston IL 60201
- Dr. Jobby Mampilly M.D.2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Keith Gordey MD302 Randall Rd Geneva IL 60134