Dr. Clair Hixson is a cardiologist practicing in Kingsport, TN. Dr. Hixson specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Hixson also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Univ Of Ky Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Duke Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Clair S. Hixson MD's Practice location
Kingsport, TN 37660Get Direction
Clair S. Hixson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Causes and Treatment of Hypolipidemia
What is cholesterol?Cholesterol is primarily produced in the liver, which makes approximately 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol per day. However, it can also be produced by the cells lining the small intestines and also by each cell present in the body. Abnormally low cholesterol levels would mean...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- 5 Tips on Living with High Blood Pressure
Living with high blood pressure is never easy. You have to watch yourself constantly with the knowledge that your body is malfunctioning. Most of the people who are diagnosed with this condition become depressive and lose the will to live. You have to know that even if you are diagnosed with high...
- Lupus: What is it?
Lupus is a chronic autoimmune condition that causes damage to all parts of the body including the skin, joints, and internal organs....
- Does an Enlarged Heart Affect Health?
Enlarged heart or cardiomegaly is an indication of an underlying condition rather than a disease in itself. Enlargement makes the heart work harder than normal and weakens the heart muscles after a period of time. An enlarged heart has a number of causes including hypertension and coronary artery...
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Diabetes
DiabetesInsulin is a hormone that is secreted by the pancreas. Diabetes can develop when the pancreas stops secreting insulin or when the body becomes resistant to insulin. The most common type of diabetes is type 2 diabetes.According to the American Diabetes Association, more than 25 million people...
- Mark Wan soo Chang MD2408 Susannah St Johnson City TN 37601
- Melanie R Davidson MD2205 Pavilion Dr Kingsport TN 37660
- Eduardo Balcells MD3 Professional Park Dr Johnson City TN 37604
- Julius A Gasso MD9200 Sw 72nd St Miami FL 33173
- Israel D. Garcia MD311 Princeton Rd Johnson City TN 37601
- Harold Wayne Alison MD2408 Susannah St Johnson City TN 37601