Dr. Neelesh Nadkarni practices Geriatric Medicine in Pittsburgh, PA. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Nadkarni works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Education and Training
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College 1995
Dr. Neelesh Nadkarni MD's Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15213Get Direction
Dr. Neelesh Nadkarni MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Facts About Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s is a common medical condition among older adults that affects the brain. It is also one of the most common forms of dementia. One of the common misconceptions associated with this disorder is that it is a disease of the elderly. While it is true that age is an important risk factor...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- Can You Get Nauseated from Being Dehydrated?
Seizures, blood clots, and other life-threatening complications can arise from dehydration, which develops when the body lacks enough fluids. According to studies, energy and mood can be greatly affected even by not so severe dehydration. So detecting dehydration early is crucial although the signs,...
- How Is Osteoporosis Treated?
The best treatment of osteoporosis is its prevention. However, once the disease has already affected you and weakened your healthy bones, it is necessary to treat it in order to prevent a further progression of the disease as well as its complications. The most well-known complications of...
- Is Bacterial Meningitis Serious? Know the Symptoms of Meningitis
What is Meningitis?Meningitis is the swelling or inflammation of the meninges, which are the three specific membranes covering the brain and the spinal cord. The primary function of the meninges is to protect the central nervous system. Meningitis is an uncommon infection that affects the delicate...
- Dr. Michael I Mallinger M.D.575 Coal Valley Rd Clairton PA 15025
- Dr. Fred H Rubin MD5200 Centre Avenue Pittsburgh PA 15232
- Dr. Eric G Rodriguez MD200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Andrea Rose Fox M.D.200 Jhf Dr Pittsburgh PA 15217
- Dr. Fritz Javier Lubin MD1500 5th Ave Mckeesport PA 15132
- Dr. Umesh A Golani MD4815 Liberty Ave Pittsburgh PA 15224