Dr. Sean Silvernagel is a pathologist practicing in Brentwood, TN. Dr. Silvernagel is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Silvernagel can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Silvernagel may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Louisville Sch of Med, Louisville Ky 1995
University of Louisville School of Medicine 1995
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Ball Mem Hosp, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
- Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Hospital Program
Dr. Sean W. Silvernagel M.D.'s Practice location
Brentwood, TN 37027Get Direction
Dr. Sean W. Silvernagel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- Dr. Gordon G Wang M.D.150 Collins St Memphis TN 38112
- Dr. Peter Franklin Jelsma M.D.4220 Harding Rd Nashville TN 37205
- Dr. Dan E Connor M.D.5301 Virginia Way Brentwood TN 37027
- Dr. Thomas G Westermeier MD5655 Frist Blvd Hermitage TN 37076
- Dr. Eugene H Nelson M.D.5301 Virginia Way Brentwood TN 37027
- Dr. Douglas J Erickson M.D.5301 Virginia Way Brentwood TN 37027